Entergy Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

It looks like Entergy has an older Motorola trunked system Entergy Motorola Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies which is being converted to a P25 system Entergy P25 Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

The database may be wrong or missing information for your county.
You will most likely have to figure it out yourself.

There are two licenses for Entergy in Jefferson County.
To start with you should program all of the frequencies on those two licenses as conventional channels and see if you hear control channel data.
WNXR860 (Entergy Services, Inc.) FCC Callsign Details
WPLZ380 (Entergy Services, Inc.) FCC Callsign Details

Do you know what a control channel sounds like?
Can you tell the difference between Motorola 3600 baud and P25 9600 baud control channels by listening to them?
Do you have a P25 scanner?
Do you have Unitrunker?

jcarter99

Sorry, first post I should have included more info. Actually I worked for Entergy for thirty years and installed the original 400mHz system, but out of touch with the radio system in later years. I was able to monitor but since they migrated to Moto Omnilink, no luck. I have a BCD 396XT, BCD436HP, AOR 8200, and TRX1. I still have a friend in telecom that I need to contact, he has retirement plans. I can hear the data channels, not sure about the difference in how they sound. I do have Unitrunker. Original post was a quick shot to see if there was anybody listening close by. I haven't been pursuing this much lately, but definitely need to do more research.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Sorry, first post I should have included more info. Actually I worked for Entergy for thirty years and installed the original 400mHz system, but out of touch with the radio system in later years. I was able to monitor but since they migrated to Moto Omnilink, no luck. I have a BCD 396XT, BCD436HP, AOR 8200, and TRX1. I still have a friend in telecom that I need to contact, he has retirement plans. I can hear the data channels, not sure about the difference in how they sound. I do have Unitrunker. Original post was a quick shot to see if there was anybody listening close by. I haven't been pursuing this much lately, but definitely need to do more research.
Here's a couple of sites where you can listen to sounds of the various control channels, to help identify which one(s) you are hearing:

Digital*Modes*Samples

W2SJW - Radio Sounds

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Howdy,

The Entergy P25 Radio System is--without any doubt--the best wide area radio system implementation that I've received. They really did a great job. I provided a number of the control channels and frequencies, but not for that far east. I am 95% confident that the P25 System is in your area and active.

Use Advanced Quick Import Results to import all of the Entergy P25 frequencies as conventional objects. Go through each and write down the ones that are continuous data. Then make multiple new trunked system with each of those frequencies. Add a wildcard. You might need a yagi to point at the transmitter if you are distant.

There will probably be some actual data frequencies and other stuff that is not part of the main radio network on my website.

If you listen around 2pm, they do their safety briefing, so there is a lot of traffic and a lot of good lessons. I hope you reach out to your friend in their telecomm department. Their radio and infrastructure networking is quite good.

With all of the storms last year, I listened a lot. On more than one occasion, it saved me having to get a hotel, etc., because I knew they were going to get my feeder back online. Also, their online power outage map is very useful for gauging the intensity of inbound storms.

Read the bottom of this page; it's pretty good (I guess you worked on that system) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_Type_II

Email me at Justin@DigitalFrequencySearch.com if I can be of more assistance.

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.