Entergy

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I have split the Entergy system into its proper formation in the DB. Please try to monitor closely and submit sites, and or TG's that are not on the current format. TY.

vilonia123

Entergy Talkgroups

Using my 396T I entered some of Entergys control channels for the central Arkansas. I used the "Search and Store" function and let the scanner do its thing.
After a while I checked and had several talkgroup IDs posted but also quite a few weird numbers as well. Such as 720204, or 730019, 730255, and plenty more in this format. These dont seem to be the normal ID numberings. What am I doing wrong??

INDY72

Not sure.. You did set it as an Type II Smartzone, not smartzone omnilink?

vilonia123

I message Okay!!!!!!

7x0000 are I-calls!!!!!!! Okay thanks!!!!!! I was wondering why the info transmitted sounded rather informal!!!

KB5FAS

Started using the Search & Store on the 396T today on Entergy's system...found these TG that I don't believe are in the database. Anyone familier with any of them? Thanks.

INDY72

14416 Is one of the DOC main Ops ones... I will be updating the lists from my lists, the CD, and the wiki after I get settled in NY am moving the 29th.

N5JMC

What software do you use to keep a log of the TGID's and everything? Do you have to leave the scanner hooked up while you want to track it or can you download history from scanner?

INDY72

When I use the tapped PRO-92B, I use T-88 and Universal Trunker, though T-88 works so much better for it. On the PRO-96 I just observe, and as a new TG appears, enter it and observe it til I can ID it from monitoring. Then I log all the tg's into an excel spreadsheet or in an .p96 file or the like til I need to use em. If your asking which software works best on the Entergy System as far as logging sites etc... T-88 was the best in my experience. When doing logging you must have the scanner plugged in, locked on an active CC, and let it monitor.

N5JMC

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I have a pro 106. Just want to keep a log of CCs and TGIDs and try to help identify new ones. Is there any software that I can use. Is there one I can download history or do I have to have scanner hooked to cable to monitor and record the data?

Last edited:

jesseproffitt

Entergy Trunk Sites

I've had some free time this weekend and I've done some detective work using the FCC license search and Google Earth. I've managed to locate all the Entergy Arkansas trunk sites and the frequencies licensed to each location. I confirmed the location of the towers using Google Earth. I can confirm activity on one site, #33 located in Dermott in Chicot County and I have found the control channel for that site, but I need some help identifying control channels, talkgroups, and site numbers for the other sites.

I have the entire Entergy Arkansas system with each site (57 sites listed with the FCC), its GPS location, and all the frequencies licensed to each site saved in a configuration file for a BCD996T that I created with the FreeScan software. I also have the talkgroups that are listed on the RadioReference database as well. Attached to this post you will find the .996 file for FreeScan. If anyone can add to or confirm any further info, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jesse Proffitt

Attachments

• Entergy.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.