Entering data

Status
Not open for further replies.

pannhoff5

how do u download update information from radio reference to my handheld sds100 scanner sentinel hasn't been updating

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
When is the last time you updated/downloaded the database to your SDS100 (via Sentinel)? Last time it was updated - a week or two ago?
Then, look in RR to see if there have been any changes in your area - probably not, so, relax, Uniden will get around to putting out an update. Any changes probably don't affect you anyway.

Sentinel is the best way to update your radio - it has the latest data (when Uniden puts it out, and it's free, or included in the price of your scanner) and it's easy.

Access to RR so you can use it's data in Proscan, etc requires you subscribe to RR.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Just to be sure. . .

Connect scanner to computer and turn it on as well as start Sentinel. Go to the Update tab. Click on which you desired, Update Firmware or Master Database.

As noted above, the last update to the master database was 4/26. Normally, and these ain't normal times, it is updated weekly. Firmware updates do not happen very often, on the order of a couple of times a year. That's to address bugs that are discovered. As you might guess, that is more frequent early in a product's life, less frequent as time goes on.

Favorites Lists are not automatically updated. That is up to you.

pannhoff5

When is the last time you updated/downloaded the database to your SDS100 (via Sentinel)? Last time it was updated - a week or two ago?
Then, look in RR to see if there have been any changes in your area - probably not, so, relax, Uniden will get around to putting out an update. Any changes probably don't affect you anyway.

Sentinel is the best way to update your radio - it has the latest data (when Uniden puts it out, and it's free, or included in the price of your scanner) and it's easy.

Access to RR so you can use it's data in Proscan, etc requires you subscribe to RR.
I have a prime subscription to RR and sentinel hasn't updated and. I thought u can update ur scanner from RR

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
How can u get proscan

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
pannhoff5
- dude, I'd just chill. Uniden will be releasing a database update - I'm sure fairly soon.
What updates (in YOUR area) are so important that you have to have them now?
If there are actually new updates in your area, you can always manually add them.
But, if there are none now, why the urgency??

Don't get me wrong, ProScan is a great program - it does a lot of things.
But, if the national database update is your primary concern, just have a bit of patience....

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Mason City is pretty small. How many updates would you expect the area to have in a couple of weeks? Are you missing something? Do some searching and if you do find something new that's not already in the database you can submitted it to RR and they'll update theirs for everyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.