Entering Federal Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

noelp

Premium Subscriber
Long term scanner user, but always enter trunk systems via Radio Reference import. Entering some federal frequencies manually, does this look correct? I am attempting to enter these as conventional P25 systems. Thanks for your input.

1614739586995.png

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
First off, you need to submit screenshots with only the info we need. So next time, crop the above image with just the area in blue.

You have multiple channels that have the same info, so no idea what you're trying to do here...

Were you trying to create a trunk system? All you did was create a scanlist and create 10 conventional channels -- albeit some with the same info.

Feel free to PM me if you need help.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Long term scanner user, but always enter trunk systems via Radio Reference import. Entering some federal frequencies manually, does this look correct? I am attempting to enter these as conventional P25 systems. Thanks for your input.

I would set all of the squelch settings to auto search and not limit it in case things have changed (as they often do), also if these are conventional P25 as you say they need to be entered as P25 under the conventional tab, which do not have PL codes as you have listed. Use settings in the photo attached (except scanlist).

Screenshot 2021-03-03 08.07.44.png

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Have you confirmed these are indeed still P25 conventional? Many of the federal frequencies (at least in my area) listed in the DB have been deprecated years ago and have moved to the "Big-E" (encryption) I'd be utterly shocked if the "FBI" frequencies you listed in the screenshot are still in the clear

noelp

Premium Subscriber
I would set all of the squelch settings to auto search and not limit it in case things have changed (as they often do), also if these are conventional P25 as you say they need to be entered as P25 under the conventional tab, which do not have PL codes as you have listed. Use settings in the photo attached (except scanlist).

View attachment 99926
Thank you so much!

noelp

Premium Subscriber
Have you confirmed these are indeed still P25 conventional? Many of the federal frequencies (at least in my area) listed in the DB have been deprecated years ago and have moved to the "Big-E" (encryption) I'd be utterly shocked if the "FBI" frequencies you listed in the screenshot are still in the clear
Had one in the clear recently, caught by doing a search in the Fed Band, 160-174, thanks to a video on Scanner School by RR forum member, Chris Pariss.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

Before we rule them out as encrypted let's rule them in as being used. I have several encrypted freqs listed for the tracking of RIDs and NACs and occasionally hear clear traffic on fulltime encrypted channels.

ecps92

as N1GAW mentions, confirm them in use within your monitoring range first. [You did this and keep searching too]
then, enter them, as conventional channels.

Igonore the topic of ENC vs CLR for now, the big issue are they known in your area, and do keep searching as what is
dead quiet today, may become very active later [hours, days, weeks, months or even years]

Many of us, do tend to use AUTO vs locking in a PL/DPL/NAC [YMMV] as in my area we have a couple of frequencies used by
different agencies. One we have the VA Hosp using Analog [PL] and a DHS Agency using P25 [NAC] - yes same exact freq

you could [again your choice] program them individually [duplicate] one as Analog the other as P25
you may also need to do this to block out any interference from local sources [couple of mine get cable tv]
Before we rule them out as encrypted let's rule them in as being used. I have several encrypted freqs listed for the tracking of RIDs and NACs and occasionally hear clear traffic on fulltime encrypted channels.

ecps92

So it has been a month, of monitoring what might you have discovered ?

Had one in the clear recently, caught by doing a search in the Fed Band, 160-174, thanks to a video on Scanner School by RR forum member, Chris Pariss.

Status
Not open for further replies.