Entering in Private ID's with Win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

redandblue

Hello everyone. I am in the process of setting up my scanner. When I try to enter a radio ID as private such as 708357, Win500 will change it to 52997. Can I not enter in radio id numbers in manually? Thanks in advance.

redandblue

If you are using the radio itself and go into private call mode, and enter 708357 it will call that radio. When I had my 396 and was searching on a particular motorola system and icall was turned on, it would display a six digit number beginning with 7 and it would be a private call. The systems i monitor are Thomasville, Kernersville, High Point, and Winston Salem all in North Carolina.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Feed Provider
The "7" is just a designator so you recognize a private call ID. That's not part of the radio ID (you'll notice when the "RadioID:" line pops at the bottom of the scanner.) Just enter 8357.

redandblue

Rdale, thank you so much. I was about to get aggrevated, that cleared up alot of confusion. I need to unlearn the Uniden interface and adapt to the GRE interface. I'm getting there slowly but surely. Thanks again!

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
On actual Spectras and subsequent newer models the full radio ID (708357) displays if that feature is enabled in the transmitter. The PSR-500/600 leaves off the first digit and subsequent digits if they are "0", and displays the radio ID like in this case as "8357". You would also enter it the same way (8357) into the Motorola CPS software if you were programming up an actual transmitter. What I really like about this feature is you can enter these IDs as Private talkgroup entries with an alpha tag and when they become active on any talkgroup in a system the scanner displays both the main talkgroup and alpha tag given to the respective radio id. Really nice feature GRE, thank you.

Mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.