entering TGID's individually - BC996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3nitnweed

I have programed Tacoma trunked, but search has found some encrypted TG's. I would like to enter them and put a permanent LO on them. How do I enter these into the scanner without having to add a new group or system just for this?

DJ88

If I understand your question correctly, you don't have to enter them to permanently lock them out. If you are in Search mode, when a talk group becomes active, press the L/O button twice and it will permanently lock it out. Pressing the L/O button once temporarily locks it out. If you turn the scanner off and then back on again, you'll receive the TG when it becomes active. Hit L/O twice and you've gotten rid of it.

j3nitnweed

Thank you so much for that information DJ88. I did know about the L/O once is temporary, but not about hitting L/O twice being permanent.

Thanks again~

oracavon

That method works fine for unencrypted TGs, but the problem I am having is that, on encrypted TGs, the radio doesn't stay on the TG long enough for me to hit the L/O button. It just lets out a loud (annoying) chirp, then immediately continues in search mode before I can push any buttons (although it stays there just long enough for me to read the TGID). I have the system delay set at 5 sec, which works for unencrypted TGs, but seems to have no effect on the encrypted ones. So, like the OP, I was hoping to be able to lockout those TGs manually, but haven't found a way to do that. Is there another solution that anyone knows of?

Status
Not open for further replies.