Entering TGIDS to BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFR85

I entered in my TGIDS in my favorite search. I know on the old scanner i had to use the letter I then the number. When a company keys up for example Engine 1 Rig doesn't display. It just displays the TGIDS & UID #

Here is what I did.

1. Click on Manage Favorites

2. Selected my favorites.

3. Clicked on Review/Edit System

4. Edit TGIDS.

I did that and not working. If its not correct can someone please explain it to me. I've very new to scanners and don't know alot. Thank You

Hit_Factor

Turn on radio id, capture those manually or with discovery.

Makes sure in display options you have radio id turned on.

Add id's to unit id list (system level) and label as needed like engine 1, pumper 3.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Are you looking for talkgroup IDs or unit IDs? They're two different things.

Talkgroup IDs are the IDs of the channel that's being used. Unit IDs are the IDs of the radio using the channel (for example, "Engine 1").

If you mean unit IDs: In your favorite list in Sentinel, edit the favorites list (Ctrl+2 and select the desired FL), then click on the system name you want to edit in the left hand menu. In the right side of the screen, select the tab marked "Unit IDs". Use the green plus to add a row, and type the desired name under "Unit ID Name", then the unit ID in the field marked "Unit ID". Don't add an i, a dot, a zero, a 7, or any other extraneous data. If Engine 1 is using radio ID 399, put 399 in this field.

Don't forget to reupload to the scanner when you're done.

NFR85

Are you looking for talkgroup IDs or unit IDs? They're two different things.

Talkgroup IDs are the IDs of the channel that's being used. Unit IDs are the IDs of the radio using the channel (for example, "Engine 1").

If you mean unit IDs: In your favorite list in Sentinel, edit the favorites list (Ctrl+2 and select the desired FL), then click on the system name you want to edit in the left hand menu. In the right side of the screen, select the tab marked "Unit IDs". Use the green plus to add a row, and type the desired name under "Unit ID Name", then the unit ID in the field marked "Unit ID". Don't add an i, a dot, a zero, a 7, or any other extraneous data. If Engine 1 is using radio ID 399, put 399 in this field.

Don't forget to reupload to the scanner when you're done.

Did all that still does not work. I created a new favorites Unit IDS and saved and uploaded and still not showing the company

Jay911

Feed Provider
Please use File>Export to export your favorites list to .hpe format, then zip it up ("Send to>Compressed Folder" in Windows Explorer) and attach it to a reply here (Go Advanced, then Manage Attachments). That will post it for us to download and look at. Maybe one of us can help you if we take a peek at it.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I notice that if youre monitoring a P25 Phase 2 audio, radio IDs dont come up unless the radio catches the very beginning of the transmission. But if you hold on a talkgroup, you'll see them come up.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Wait, do you have Disp. Unit IDs selected in the Display Options menu??

NFR85

Wait, do you have Disp. Unit IDs selected in the Display Options menu??

Yes

NFR85

Please use File>Export to export your favorites list to .hpe format, then zip it up ("Send to>Compressed Folder" in Windows Explorer) and attach it to a reply here (Go Advanced, then Manage Attachments). That will post it for us to download and look at. Maybe one of us can help you if we take a peek at it.

Now the radio wont scan all channels just 2. Wasn't like that before. I have to manually switch to the channel I need

Last edited:

Jay911

Feed Provider
Now the radio wont scan all channels just 2. Wasn't like that before. I have to manually switch to the channel I need

What I asked you to do won't affect the radio at all. It sounds like you have bigger problems than a favorites list. I'm sorry, I can't help further.

NFR85

What I asked you to do won't affect the radio at all. It sounds like you have bigger problems than a favorites list. I'm sorry, I can't help further.

I believe I fixed it. I had the scan list turned off. I will try and post the UIDS later today like you asked.

NFR85

I did that and it comes up white and says windows cannot open it

Status
Not open for further replies.