Enterprise Gets Underway for Final Qualifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMT

Beside's HF,UHF is very busy during these exercises.
WAG is I started getting exercise related activity on UHF about 12Jan.

BMT

BMT

Enterprise c2x

Monitors in central FL have been watching a very unique USAF A/C used during the exercise.
The U-28A is assigned to the 319th Special Operations Squadron Hurlburt Field,FL.
A/C appears to orbit Pinecastle Range at 17,000 feet.
They were also used during the IWO JIMA exercise and during a Ranger BN. exercise at
Ft. Stewart, GA.
Frequency's used are all exercise related.

BMT

Monitors in central FL have been watching a very unique USAF A/C used during the exercise.
The U-28A is assigned to the 319th Special Operations Squadron Hurlburt Field,FL.
A/C appears to orbit Pinecastle Range at 17,000 feet.
They were also used during the IWO JIMA exercise and during a Ranger BN. exercise at
Ft. Stewart, GA.
Frequency's used are all exercise related.

BMT

What was the call sign of the U-28?

BMT

A/C checked in with Range Control at Pinecastle Range, and was heard in contact with A/C working the range.

BMT

jsoergel

A/C checked in with Range Control at Pinecastle Range, and was heard in contact with A/C working the range.

BMT

I know what you're saying, but what I mean is that it's not a COMPUTEX player. There is a joint exercise going on involving USAF/USAR/USN. Mac caught a name for it, but I think he only tweeted it...let me go check my account and see if I can find it.

The COMPUTEX seems to be involving only CVW-1, some OPFOR (probably civil guys like usual), and an AWACS (on at least one night).

EDIT: "Anvil Phoenix" is the exercise name.

EDIT #2: The COMPUTEX is pretty much Navy-focused. This is probably part of a JTFEX.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.