Environmental Conservation Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillok

Does anyone have the frequency for the NYS Environmental Conservation Police (schenectady/schoharie county specifically)? I THINK they used to be on 159.225 but I'm not picking anything up on that channel. Of course, they aren't too active anyway--but interesting when they are.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
ENCON Region 4 Law Enforcement uses (or used to use) 159.330 with a CTCSS of 94.8 Hz. Give that channel a try.

Kevin

stillok

Thank you Kevin

I found that frequency under listings for Schoharie County (but it did not specifically show as being the ENCON channel) and programmed it in. A few minutes ago, a call came over on that channel about a lost hiker in Haines Falls. I presume the call was ENCON (or general law enforcement in Schoharie sharing that frequency).
ENCON is not usually a very active channel but it is fun to listen to during the hunting season.
Thanks again.
Ken

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I do want to say that Region 6 (Watertown) which covers Jefferson & St Lawrence and maybe other counties, was using 159.465 pl 94.8. The other night I did hear, quite by accident and some research, transmissions using the pl tone 77.0. I wondered why I hadn't heard anything lately on the DEC channel - are they changing the receive PL tones???

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.