EOT data bursts, decoding with SoftEOT issues

oaktree_b

So I've recorded audio of what I'm certain are data bursts from an EOT device; I've tried to decode them with SoftEOT, and it doesn't seem to work. New to the scanning hobby, so not using the best equipment. Basically this was recorded outside, from the speaker on my BC125AT scanner using the voice recorder on my cell phone in front of the scanner. It records them as mp4, I converted them to 44.1khz 8 bit mono (later stereo) files, as this is what the SoftEOT uses... I can't get them to be decoded by the software.

I'm not really sure what the issue is. I've asked in the SoftEOT message boards and I get audio engineers talking about things that don't make sense to me... I've attached a few copies of the files here. Any ideas? How can I pull data from these, are they not clear enough, too soft, too loud?

What's the best way to record with the BC125AT? I have the Scan125 software on my laptop, I think it can record audio from the scanner. Try that instead? Help please!

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
So I've recorded audio of what I'm certain are data bursts from an EOT device; I've tried to decode them with SoftEOT, and it doesn't seem to work. New to the scanning hobby, so not using the best equipment. Basically this was recorded outside, from the speaker on my BC125AT scanner using the voice recorder on my cell phone in front of the scanner. It records them as mp4, I converted them to 44.1khz 8 bit mono (later stereo) files, as this is what the SoftEOT uses... I can't get them to be decoded by the software.

I'm not really sure what the issue is. I've asked in the SoftEOT message boards and I get audio engineers talking about things that don't make sense to me... I've attached a few copies of the files here. Any ideas? How can I pull data from these, are they not clear enough, too soft, too loud?

What's the best way to record with the BC125AT? I have the Scan125 software on my laptop, I think it can record audio from the scanner. Try that instead? Help please!
I use a stereo patch cord between the earphone jack on the scanner (either BC125 or Pro83, both work just fine) and the mike/line jack on my laptop; once you get the levels set it works just fine.

With a setup like this you can decode directly, no need to record and play back (although you can record if you want).

RRR

Premium Subscriber
One of those sounds like the tones between DPU’s, though they can be similar. DPU’s are usually of a longer duration, though.