erasing chain search on my 898t

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
yes very true, lol its ok i foubnd out the hard way too...In order to scan ID's the radio has to have some in it when it scans whichever trunked system u have in, then instead of scanning freq, you can have it just scan Id's that it has picked up along the way...Hopefully this makes sense to ya, not sure as to how to word it..But cool, hopefully you will get things up and going, it is a really good radio hence the manual lol

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
There is a section in rr.com as we all know called the Wiki section, if you go into the "Wiki" and click on "UNIDEN" in the scanner selection, then click on model Uniden245xlt, thats very close to the same programming of the 898 as i also have that 245 model and use that "manual " to program my 898...One thing you must do is "make sure you can hear the CONTROL CHANNELS, thats the "red and "blue freqys in the sites as they control you r hearing of the talkgroups....When your trunking one of the sites and as its searching do you see ----- these, if so its trunking properly and you should see one of the talkgroups like 1616 or 208 with audio??? then press the "HOLD" button....

bigcam406

ok thx very much guys,ive been away on vacation for the past week so i'll try it sometime this weekend.thx again for all of your help,muchly appreciated!

bigcam406

well guys,i've finally figured it out.works great and i couldnt have done it without your help.many thx!!!!!very much appreciated !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.