ERD Apparatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

awstott

Premium Subscriber
Tankers

From the intel I have 550 and 551 are actually tankers 511 and 512. I don't think we'll be seeing them. Also from the pics I've seen it looks like this last order was 3 pump and 2 tankers. Guess we'll just have to keep our eyes pealed. Watch Pump 17 - supposedly they are getting the next new pump.

SCPD

QRT
Great looking truck - the Edmonton fleet is probably the nicest around.

That's because they have a ridiculously huge budget and they seem very adept at blowing it.

From what I have seen .. the hose jockeys are happy when they go to a fire and only 1 building burns to the ground. I personally have never seen such a bunch of disorganized monkeys in my life.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I have 550 as Tanker 18 and 551 as Tanker 23. 23 was purchased last year I believe.
You can tell the Super Tankers as they are dispatched as TKS 23 rather than Tanker and the hall.

I'll keep my ears open for any new Tankers and Pumps.

Harry

awstott

Premium Subscriber
So there has been a massive rig shuffle this weekend. Stations 10 and 12 both gained a ladder crew, Ladder 13 is now Ladder 24, Tanker 24 is now Tanker 13, and 20 now has a Rescue, but not sure where Tanker 20 ended up. Speculation is that it's at 26, but I haven't heard anything on the radio.

Also Station 8 has a ladder in it, but I'm not sure if it's manned or not. Dispatch has been dispatching calls, but I'm not sure if that is the crew at 10 and voicelady just hadn't been changed over yet or what.

Keep your eyes and ears open, as things have changed quite a bit.

awstott

Premium Subscriber
Ladder crew is 4+, aerial crew is 2.

I'm not sure what is going on with this rig move. It seems like we have 10 ladders in service right now, and 6 Rescues.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when all the retirements etc happen in the fall.

Anyone hear where the AMU went? I think I heard something about Pump 23, Tanker 23, and AMU going back to the hall, but where is the MCU then (or maybe I just didn't hear right).

SCPD

QRT
Hey AWSTOTT ...

Really nice photography on the Hose Jockeys equipment. I almost never listen the EFR anymore, as well they are just boring.

Hopefully the weather will stay nice and you can continue as I know that some people appreciate the work that you are doing.

awstott

Premium Subscriber
New Ladder

I managed to get a few shot of 627 today. This rig doesn't look like it's been comissioned yet as there is no hose in the hose beds. Safetek were the ones driving it around, so I'm thinking EFR hasn't even taken posession yet.

Attachments

• IMG_5057.jpg
    IMG_5057.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_5037.jpg
    IMG_5037.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_5051.jpg
    IMG_5051.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 275

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Unit 811 is AT 10 not All terrain pump just all terrain. Heard Mule 20 using portable 3020 today. Are the AT units the same as a mule?
Also heard a fire call where the EFR member said he was going to 10-37 the alarm panel. Does Edmonton now have a 10 code system again or is this something that may be taught in the fire schools?

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Has any one else noticed that EFR has adopted the Strathcona County type of identifying fire scenes? I have heard Manning command, Jasper command and Allard command. Very similar to Strathcona who use locations like Wye command ect.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
That's an international standard. Any department looking to get international accreditation (a prestigious thing) must adopt the national incident management system.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jay good to know. It certainly helps in monitoring the Strathcona system on Motorola Passport. But it probably makes a lot of sense for overall communications efficientcy. Does this standard have anything to do with the 10-37 (resetting the panel) I heard on EFR earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.