ERD Apparatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I wouldn't know about the ten-code you specified, but NIMS is represented in emergency services by the Incident Command System. A lot of departments have had some kind of "fire ground command" system in place for ages, but NIMS and the ICS are structured and standardized all across North America, if not further.

awstott

INDY Command has been set up on Fire Dispatch 2. Mobile Command Unit is on scene as well as ATP 1.

It was actually ATP 16 that was there. Along with at least one of the mules (915 I think it was). There was a red pump without a station assignment there as well. I'm thinking it was the regular pump 8, as they showed up on thursday night with a yellow pump.

Also if anyone was listening to the system they were using for anything that was non track at the indy, you'd have probably heard me.

3 days of hell, but I keep going back. Not sure why. No pay, get treated like garbage by Northlands etc. Oh well, hopefully Octane will get things straightened around.

awstott

So we apparently have two new rigs (well not new, but new deisgnation on the radio). Station 8 and 19 both have the unit SS. Near as I can tell they are the chief's old Tahoes. I saw 222 outside station 8 during the Indy.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Yes I heard SS8 yesterday and thought I had misheard EMS Sierra 8. I see the new Car 3 is Unit 251.

I did listen to Indy Command and heard new portables 3088,3089,3091, 3093 , 4088 and 4090. Also heard 999 on EFR Training. Did hear venues like Fuel drop, Fire Rescue and Fireline on EFR Dispatch 2 on the Indy Friday.

SCPD

QRT
I have been able to confirm that 248, 249, 250 and 251 are all the same type of vehicles and appear to be district cars. I was able to locate them just outside of station 1 downtown.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Heard Unit 222 out of Hall 8 today. Id SS8 and he took Recon. Does that mean a Fire Captain heads out ahead of the rigs in a D/C type of vehicle to get to the alarm first?

awstott

They tend to have a lot of extra man power in the summer, so they often staff extra rigs. SS8 is an ex chief's vehicle, and is just a way to transport manpower.

Also each crew has a captain on it, which is why you heard Lastname and 2 or 3 men on recon etc. The DC often is not on scene unless it's something serious, such as a working fire etc.

awstott

Looks like 627 is now ladder 7.

Red 2 is in the next vehicle disposal as well as 501 (old tanker).

I've seen a white chevy pickup on a few fire scenes. I think its used by their spokesperson. I've seen someone get out of it in a red vest that says Fire Information Officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.