Erie County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Still think we need talk group numbers to program.....tried entering letter number combos and that doesn't work...….looks like sheriff dept is also encrypted with law enforcement.
By "letter number combos" do you per chance mean hexadecimal format? 0-9 and A-F? If so, then you have to convert them to decimal format before you can enter them into a scanner.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If the TGID's are 3-4 characters and range from 1-FFFF, then it's indeed HEX format. Very simple to convert to decimal, either one at a time by using the Programmer feature of Windows 10 calculator, or an online converter (Google "hex to decimal"), or in bulk using the HEX2DEC function of Excel or something similar.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
"Still think we need talk group numbers to program.....tried entering letter number combos and that doesn't work...….looks like sheriff dept is also encrypted with law enforcement. "

As of 8/30 I have logged 78 Talkgroups and 246 Radios.

Attachments

• System019 Talk Groups.txt
    703 bytes · Views: 29
  • System 019 Radios by Talk Group.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 21

terryho

Feed Provider
"Still think we need talk group numbers to program.....tried entering letter number combos and that doesn't work...….looks like sheriff dept is also encrypted with law enforcement. "

As of 8/30 I have logged 78 Talkgroups and 246 Radios.
Thanks for the info! Looks like they are using 3 digit TGID, just have to match them up with services. My Son has had the Train the Trainer classes and Wednesday they have their End User Training so maybe he can get actual list of TGID and Services if available.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
I really wouldn't be to concerned with talkgroups at this point. I just run ID search. When it goes live we should be able to ID the unencrypted TGs within a day or so. Unless you actually watch someone transmitting on an encrypted TG there is no way to verify it in a manner that can be submitted to the data base. I remember my first crystal scanner, a Radio Shack PRO-16, back in the early 70s. I had a good list of EPD and MPD codes within a week.

I think they must still have a lot more radios to program, it is going to take a lot more for all the users in the county. On a "busy" day I might see 10 new ones usually 4 or 5 if any.

N3KGD

Radios are to be programmed over the air according to the "train the trainer" session I attended.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Im sure they can do over the air after the first initial programming.

Radios are to be programmed over the air according to the "train the trainer" session I attended.

N3KGD

Correct. The radios need to have the basic infrastructure of the system programmed in before they can be reprogrammed over the air, which all of the radios I have interfaced with to this point already have...

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
202 also. This plus other data leads me to think the 1xx TGs will be FD & EMS and 2xx PD.

terryho

Feed Provider
Millcreek police are going to be on the new system and not be encrypted, is that correct? I have some others on another site insisting they will be encrypted too.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Not encrypted for sure. But looks like on the system with their own TG's.

terryho

Feed Provider
Will be interesting to see how it works, I haven't seen where they were getting new radios and haven't seen their chief on tv talking about it.
Have some know it alls telling me different on Alert Erie, so I will let it go until the system is up and running!

Status
Not open for further replies.