Erie County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryho

Feed Provider
I agree, I expected them to be on the system, the question is when they say all Law Enforcement will be encrypted does it mean ALL? We will see soon, maybe the week starting on the 23rd.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I agree, I expected them to be on the system, the question is when they say all Law Enforcement will be encrypted does it mean ALL? We will see soon, maybe the week starting on the 23rd.
I just don't think it applies to them. We'll see soon.....

terryho

Feed Provider
Well just talked to my Son after attending tonights training and his understanding is that All Law will be encrypted and Millcreek will have its own Dispatching. Still no info on actual TGID Numbers Talk Group.

terryho

Feed Provider
Encryption on TG 207 today.
I saw that, 200's might be encrypted TGIDs that we will have to AVOID or not program. My son stopped by with a truck load of Radios and Pagers for the FD. He had to take them to FD to get them put together, charged and ready to go and do some further testing. He said some of the radios were assigned to the officers and dispatch will know who's radio it is and where they are by GPS. Radios cost $over $3000 each and Unification Pagers $600. He said he's not thrilled with not having same pager info available as before but guess they will work that out. He thinks West County will come online early October. I hope it works out well. Will be interesting Monday to see if Erie goes online as planned.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
They were testing dispatch tones yesterday. Today all EPD cars are going to the garage for a "Radio Test". As Terry mentioned I think all 200 TGs are PD and will be encrypted.

terryho

Feed Provider
No but I think are not the newest one, they didn’t update them like the radios to latest and greatest model.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
At $600 they are probably G2s. It is probably frowned on but they are user programable. :rolleyes:

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Just heard from a reporter at the Times. Millcreek PD will be encrypted. Also, the County has no agreement with the news media for them to have any access to daily news events involving the police. Not a good situation for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.