Erie County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

crush

Premium Subscriber
Looks like they have encrypted dispatch on P25 460.075, patrol units are unencrypted

Lorna68fs

I was just listening to them and I heard NO encryption on either side. Maybe you were getting a broken signal. Sometimes it's hard to understand what they are saying. I think analog sounds better than digital. I suppose it's also possible they are testing encryption. Let's hope not.

BTFire21

They were definitely testing encryption yesterday morning. It was turned off around noon.

crush

Premium Subscriber
All loud and clear coms this morning, wasn't listening for long yesterday but sure sounded like encryption to me, lets hope I'm wrong

otrip

Premium Subscriber
Something is defiantly going on. The old Ch. 460.45 was still transport & some dispatch a couple days ago. Now it's some form pf P25 appears to be some form of encryption mixed with some non encrypted. I can't quite make it out but there's quite a bit of activity tonight. It's NOT a simulcast of 460.075 or 424.175. As they are not being transmitted on at the same time. 460.075 is still patrol & P25 (not encrypted tonight).

BTFire21

You are hearing Monroe County/Rochester PD. There was a decent band opening this morning. I heard the same at my house on 460.450

otrip

Premium Subscriber
Didn't think to check the NAC's expecially for Monroe County. Apparently it was "Rochester PD East Administration" nac 8F3. A few other NAC;s randomly popping up too. It was breaking my squelch on crappy Baofeng in a Clarence basement all night which was really annoying. Loaded up SDR & DSD to try and figure out the signal type. Which is how I knew it was P25. Still kinda new to it. Also seemed there was some other type of (non analog voice) formats randomly in the mix as well. Really weird as I've never received Rochester here before.
Was starting to think it was related to testing as Erie County recently approved $1,106,090 to Motorola for the "upgrade of radio consoles in the 911 Dispatch Center". However I'm wondering if that may be related to what you heard going on with 460.075?

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Didn't think to check the NAC's expecially for Monroe County. Apparently it was "Rochester PD East Administration" nac 8F3. A few other NAC;s randomly popping up too. It was breaking my squelch on crappy Baofeng in a Clarence basement all night which was really annoying. Loaded up SDR & DSD to try and figure out the signal type. Which is how I knew it was P25. Still kinda new to it. Also seemed there was some other type of (non analog voice) formats randomly in the mix as well. Really weird as I've never received Rochester here before.
Was starting to think it was related to testing as Erie County recently approved $1,106,090 to Motorola for the "upgrade of radio consoles in the 911 Dispatch Center". However I'm wondering if that may be related to what you heard going on with 460.075?

Rochester/Monroe County P25 channels come in strong on some days all the way into the southtowns, no fancy antenna system needed. Ive received them on a XTS2500 with just a short UHF antenna, sporadic clear decoding, but when it did, it was clear as day. Signal conditions lately have been good at night from what I've been experiencing. Ive been decoding Toronto's P25 Ph 2 700 MHz system from southern Erie County, which I think is insane, and its nothing but a little mag mount antenna attached to a SDR in my office.

In regards to the Erie County "upgrades", last I heard was it was from a state grant, and its just the consoles at the PSB and associated equipment being upgraded. I didn't hear anything about the big E. Just replacing older equipment to keep with the times.

BITT211

have NEW MODEL > UNICATION G2 RADIO , 400-470 mhz only , been testing for week now , F86 > nac good .
well for results ; radio is pricey $$$
bets motorola minitors in comparision , , but look @ price
has lsm circuit , locks into one tower only. results ,no simulcast distoration
sounds like your sitting in car , crystal clear for digital
* note i saw rolling codes displayed on p25c digital
* also noted on this site , freq. 424.1750 , is now East Aurora Fire Dispatch new F2 freq on repeaters

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Received the following submission this morning. I would like some verification from knowledgeable locals that this is in fact confirmed data, before I make any changes.

460.075F86 NACSheriff Ch. 1 - Dispatch and Prisoner Transport
460.450151.4 PLSheriff Ch. 2 - Special Events (New Era Field)

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I believe that is just for game day operations due to the need for a repeated channel. I heard jail management being switched over to “Channel 1” during the game, Dispatch turned off multi-select, but after the game, the dispatcher went back to multi-select and road patrol was only on Ch 1 and there’s really no outside the jail stuff going on so hard to verify after a game. Standby a day, I’ll monitor and advise

BTFire21

460.450 should just be labeled as Sheriff Channel 2. It is not the designated Events channel. Yes they do use it for Buffalo Bills games but also other things.

The Events channel is Ch7 which is listed in the database.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Received the following submission this morning. I would like some verification from knowledgeable locals that this is in fact confirmed data, before I make any changes.

460.075F86 NACSheriff Ch. 1 - Dispatch and Prisoner Transport
460.450151.4 PLSheriff Ch. 2 - Special Events (New Era Field)
keep 460.075 f86 NAC as is (EC Shrf Patrol) or change to EC Shrf CH 1

Status
Not open for further replies.