ERNESTO: Let's Try This Again, FEMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
jeffrey420 said:
What are you doing about it Johnny?
That's what I was going to ask also!

Funny how some people always want the government to stay out of their business and not to interfere with their life and rights YET they're very quick and demanding when they want help from it.....

People need to take responsibility for their own safety and well-being FIRST. Then the government help will come but it won't be there instantly either or hovering above you like a "guardian angel".

I think something more ridiculous than expecting FEMA and the goverment to fix everything instantly during an emergency is the people that have lived in these hurricane prone areas for years, especially after last year's season, and they're STILL not prepared for such an emergency!

Then to make matters worse, other people all they do and care about during such emergencies is *****ing and pointing fingers, looking for somebody to blame. Of course, the media plays a big part on this....

I wonder if they have fixed the levies yet in Louisiana or are they waiting for the next hurricane? Nah, they're just too busy getting ready for Mardi Gras! :roll:

Last edited:

GM

Premium Subscriber
Kikito:

The above post could not have been stated any better than you put it. That's why I say people need to help themselves first before the Gov't steps in to help out. If they can provide assistance to you, as previously stated, great. But don't always hold your breath!

red8

GIT-R-DONE
I hope they're ok also, I have an aunt and uncle that live in West
Palm Beach and I hope they are going to be ok. I tried to call them
this morning to check on them and make sure that they are going to be all right. They both are not in the best of health, my uncle has a bad heart and my aunt has alzhiemers, So you can imagine their
situation.

red8

Git-R-Done
Good news I checked in with my aunt and uncle and so far the are
doing ok. My uncle told me that he does not think the storm is going
to be that bad. However I did extend an invitation to him and my aunt
that if the pooh pooh gets rough get out of there and head over here.

Go-24

Sure, everyones ok except the OP; hes running around redeploying all that assistance he sent to the wrong location.

trace1

Go-24 said:
Sure, everyones ok except the OP; hes running around redeploying all that assistance he sent to the wrong location.
Yep, right now TD Ernesto is producing rain with winds up to 35MPH!!!

Where is all the help??? ;)

elk2370bruce

Okay, the feds deploy all kinds of resources to respond to Ernesto. The storm turns out to be a minor breeze. What's next? Congreesional leaders will begin to ***** about the costs associated with the deployment (just like in prior years). Half of our posters will agree that the deployment was justified and the other half will say it was an overeaction and a waste of time and money.. and the war of words will begin anew.

nhp9943

Why don't you people get a clue. The government is not here to help those who can not or will not help themselves. I am tired of you people that think sitting on your asses with your hands out is the norm. Pick yourself up and get it together. Remember no one forced you to live in a hurricane zone and if you do then you should be well equipped to fend for yourself or move.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
nhp - what in the world are you talking about? Putting resources out ahead of the storm is a VERY good idea. But doing it 5 days ahead when the path is unknown is not. Suggesting that everyone in a hurricane-prone zone plows down their house and moves away because it might get hit in the next 50 years is stupid...

kikito

Premium Subscriber
rdale said:
nhp - what in the world are you talking about? Putting resources out ahead of the storm is a VERY good idea. But doing it 5 days ahead when the path is unknown is not. Suggesting that everyone in a hurricane-prone zone plows down their house and moves away because it might get hit in the next 50 years is stupid...
What's he's talking about is what most other posters in the thread have said in other ways; people that live in these hurricane areas need to put or shut up. Be ready for the hurricanes that happen EVERY year and quit *****ing about the government not being there instantly to rescue them and rebuild their houses the next day after the storm.... :roll:

John_M

For New Orleans last year should serve as a lesson. At least have busses ready to evacuate people to a location with food and lodging. Once the levees go there isn't too much time to get out.

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
"At least have busses ready to evacuate people"

Brings to mind the 600 or so buses flooded in parking lots in NO on this day last year. No politician in the state of LA ever took accountability for that fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.