• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Error#02144 message on G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaconhunter

I am experiencing the same issues as described in the thread "G5 Od behavior when powered off overnight" plus about every third time also receive the following error message. Can't find any RESET, DVR or PLAY keys to reset. Anyone else having this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,391

cpetraglia

I had the exact same error a while back with my G4. I also cannot get mine to reset without a battery pull. I was told by Unication Dave that he was checking to find out what the error code meant. I narrowed mine down to a specific system when I turn on Monitor Mode. Once I turn it back off, it stops happening. FYI I never got an answer from Unication..

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
I had the exact same error a while back with my G4. I also cannot get mine to reset without a battery pull. I was told by Unication Dave that he was checking to find out what the error code meant. I narrowed mine down to a specific system when I turn on Monitor Mode. Once I turn it back off, it stops happening. FYI I never got an answer from Unication..

I've been waiting for a list of error codes from the programmers if and when I receive it I will let you know.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Unication Error codes

Any progress on a "LIST" of error codes David? I see the last post was back on March. I have had my G5 for a bit now and did have that same error, but turning it off, letting it sit for a few minutes resolved that. The only other error I've seen was while sitting in the CHARGER for the G5. Error code #10, use the usb to charge ....etc. I simply figured it was too hot *90 degrees out. I put a small fan behind the charger blowing cool air on it. It only did it again one more time. What is error code #10 while in the Charger? I've looked on line in the G1-G5 documents but couldn't find anything. A separate way to charge a battery outside the pager would also be desired* I must say this product is great. I just came back from a trip using 5 different trunked SITES on the same system using ONLY the stub antenna and it worked flawlessly. Thank You. My "unnamed" digital scanner only got bits and pieces of some transmissions, lots of analog though ;0)

Last edited by a moderator:

aliby19

Feed Provider
I had a similar error/reset message appear recently. Googling led me to this thread, but I couldn't find how to actually reset the G4/G5 via key combination.

Through trial and error I found that the reset + DVR + play key combination is both keys on the left side of the pager (as you're looking at the screen) plus the little button sticking out of the channel selector knob.

Hope this helps others, since previously I would have to unscrew the battery door and pull it to reset...

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
It's been six months since we were told we'd get a list of error codes. Anyone seen one??

Nope... They won't give me one but I've narrowed it down to an errant command sent by the system that the pager doesn't know how to handle and it happens on very few systems.

cpetraglia

That does make sense as it will only happen on one of my 7 different systems. All the others are OK.
And on my G4 it has only happened when in monitor mode.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Here's another error code I found today. This was on my built-in car usb charger, supposedly 1-amp.

Attachments

• IMG_1081.JPG
    IMG_1081.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 772

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I had a charging error, then the error 02144 error occur, somehow it rebooted

Status
Not open for further replies.