Error accessing RR; 417

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selanda

Ancient Something or Other
I was streaming the feed here and all of a sudden I got "Radio Reference Feed Auto-Config Error: Error Accessing RR. The request failed with HTTP status 417: Exception failed."

I tried updating to the latest version of ScannerCast thinking it was a software thing but the same problem is happening. Advise?

Update 1: It looks like if I manually insert the target server information and the stream name/description I can stream but I can't use the "Radio Reference Feed Auto-Config". Any ideas?

Last edited:

Selanda

Update 2: It looks like the log says it's not taking my log in credentials.... But I know they're right (they were working fine when it booted me off originally and they still work fine when logging into the site.)

25-Apr-2010 22:43:07 Retrieving initial auto-config for user 'selanda'
25-Apr-2010 22:43:08 Attempt to Login to Radio Reference Failed

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The username/password may be case-sensitive, I don't remember. Give that a try, see what happens. Selanda instead of selanda.

Selanda

Tried that as my first thought... and even though I set the log function to detailed all I get is that "Attempt to Login to Radio Reference Failed" statement repeatedly. If it's still acting up by the time I get home from work tonight there will be some wireshark involved and I'll see if I can get any more detailed error information out of that.

Until then I'm using the direct feed mount point information and it's streaming via that.

Selanda

I'm still unable to log in via any of the 3 versions of the ScannerCast application - v0.13, v0.14, and the RR specific edition. I can only stream via manually inputting the target server information.... Any update on the status of this issue? Is anyone else besides myself having this issue?

Thanks,
KB3TZD

Selanda

Tried that initially thinking maybe it was a sync issue to some separate credential database but same error. Last night JayEmbee and I did some heavy-duty server room cleaning and were down for approx. 3 hours. No configuration changes were made to any of the equipment, just pulled out and re-arranged some wiring. After the downtime my server came back up and auto-loaded the ScannerCast v0.13 app (becuase I haven't yet updated my startup script) so I thought why not I'll push the button just because and it let me log in, pulled the config, and started streaming as normal... I'm wondering what glitched out where; was it app related or system related and regardless of which why the error log only ever captured "log in failure" even on detailed mode.

If it happens again I'm going to wireshark the traffic and see what pops up.

PeterGV

K1PGV
The error "HTTP status 417: Exception failed" is a standard error message indicating that the data received back from a HTTP transaction wasn't what was expected.

Do you have a firewall, antivirus, or a proxy? That's usually the type of thing that causes these errors.

Peter
K1PGV

Selanda

Antivirus, yes. Firewall, multiple (3 hardware and 2 software, in sequence from the outside internet inwards to the PC). 5700 has been punched through all of the necessary places and it was working fine up until it just *poof* and errored mid-stream. I'll have to go through my logs tonight from the last week and see what that shows.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Interesting... It seems like there's somebody else who has a similar problem, within the space of just a few days. See this thread.

In the dialog box that displays the error... What error number does it show in the header? Can you give us a screen capture of the error dialog?

I wonder if anything's changed in the RR SOAP interface lately?

Peter
K1PGV

Selanda

I haven't seen the error dialog box since the last reboot/network maintenance. The HTTP error it gave was 417, that might have been the number in the title bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.