Error Codes. What do they mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanislausNews

Premium Subscriber
Scanner: BCD536 wirelessly connected to a dedicated laptop running RadioFeed. All software and drivers up to date.
Internet: Comcast 75mbps download / 5mbps upload.

Issue: My feed is randomly dropped for reasons I cannot disciper. My status log shows "Unable to connect to Broadcastify Server" and then an error code. I can't find a description of what these error codes mean, what they represent, or how to correct the offending setting. Is anyone able to give us a list of the codes and what they mean? So far I have seen error codes from 1-9.

a417

U+0000
Does it look like this ?

The OP never indicated if it was resolved, but looking at those logs and the -1 & -9 errors they seem to point towards network connectivity issues.

StanislausNews

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Connectivity is the problem but there is no explanation about what the fault is therefore no way to begin targeted trouble shooting. My only solution is to shut everything down and reboot, but then how long until I have to do it again? It’s a bit of fatal flaw if we can’t maintain 90% or better up time.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Scanner: BCD536 wirelessly connected to a dedicated laptop running RadioFeed. All software and drivers up to date.
Internet: Comcast 75mbps download / 5mbps upload.

Issue: My feed is randomly dropped for reasons I cannot disciper. My status log shows "Unable to connect to Broadcastify Server" and then an error code. I can't find a description of what these error codes mean, what they represent, or how to correct the offending setting. Is anyone able to give us a list of the codes and what they mean? So far I have seen error codes from 1-9.

The error codes are specific to RadioFeed (and ProScan). They're just for my use. "Unable to connect to Broadcastify Server" could be caused by several things such as router ports, Ethernet cables, ISP, far end, etc. I've seen a few people used a program called PingPlotter to isolate the problem and isolated the problem to their ISP.
Also ensure that you are not running AVG antivirus software as that program interrupts TCP connections.

Last edited:

a417

U+0000
Does this correlate with any other issues, like update reboots, high bandwidth usage, microwave usage, etc?

station302

Feed Provider
SOLVED!!!

After about 2 years I got it, I got it.

It has to do with Windows Update, I run Windows 10 pro. After talking to broadcastify support, and emailing the developer with no success I nailed it down to windows update. what you need to do is totally disable automatic updates. here are the instructions to do so:

How to turn off Windows 10 updates permanently.?

Open Start.

Search for gpedit.msc and select the top result to launch the experience.

Navigate to the following path:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update

Double-click the Configure Automatic Updates policy on the right side.

Check the Disabled option to turn off the policy.

I have been running my pc with the updates disabled for a month and haven't had a drop out.

I do recommend manually updating windows at least once a month.

you can also try suspending the updates under the update tab in the control panel but windows will only allow 30 days, the above instructions are permeant until you either manually update or turn it back on.

Cheers!

kgowen44

Feed Provider
I am attempting this for the issue I have having with Radio Feed as well.. We shall see. I get drop out from Radio feed at least once per day, almost at same time. My radio feed gives me an error 10 Unable to write data to transport connection An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" We shall see,

a417

U+0000
I am attempting this for the issue I have having with Radio Feed as well.. We shall see. I get drop out from Radio feed at least once per day, almost at same time. My radio feed gives me an error 10 Unable to write data to transport connection An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" We shall see,
Station302's post is regarding windows updates. If your computer is not rebooting for windows updates every night at the same time, and causing problems...this will not fix your issue.

Have you contacted your ISP to see if they have some scheduled task or something that correlates with your nightly outages?

Status
Not open for further replies.