Error during installation of Trunker plugin on SDRsharp

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelativeCode

I'm trying to install the program but does not working and display this message:

Trunk.jpg

Followed the instructions on this site trunking police scannerTylerwatt12.com | Tylerwatt12.com

Specifications:

Windows 7 64bit
Ram :8 GB
SDRsharp
UniTrunker-1.0.27.19

please help me through this process...

SCPD

QRT
The third party SDR# plugins are frequently broken with each update of SDR#. The SDR# team changes the API (which breaks compatibility) to support some new feature. This leaves the persons that published these plugins with a small mess to clean up. To run SDR# with a trunking plugin, you'll need to either (a) get an updated plugin or rollback SDR# to a compatible version.

Since you were brave enough to download the preview version of Unitrunker, you may be able to side-step the mess above. Try these instructions.

UniTrunker | Realtek

Zadig: Driver Installation

RTL-SDR Tutorial: Following Trunked Radio with Unitrunker - rtl-sdr.com

Tyler Watthanaphand also published a Youtube video of an earlier preview version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGMXG8e70-M

Last edited:

jdobbs2001

That sounds like a crappy API. Typically when you develop an API. Once you have your base line features set in stone, adding new API calls should not impact the existing set up API calls people use.

SCPD

QRT
Once you have your base line features set in stone
That hasn't happened yet.

SDR# is still evolving. New ideas lead to new ways of organizing data. The old pattern doesn't work anymore. The plug-ins bundled with SDR# get updated but the third party ones don't.

Eventually it will settle down.

Try getting Windows 98 drivers to work on Windows XP. Try installing Windows XP drivers on Windows 8. It's the same problem. To get the new shiny thing, we often have to leave something behind (or wait for vendors to catch up). I have USB to serial adapters that won't work on Windows 8 - and will likely never work.

Right now - if you have a working SDR# installation with third party plug-ins, you have to understand that each time you upgrade - some of those plugins might stop working.

Personally, I'd rather see the SDR# team continue to innovate. If someone decides to publish a third-party plug-in, they need to realize the commitment it takes to track changes and release updates. So ... someone please poke Zefie with a (metaphorical) stick ...

The Midnight Channel - SDRSharp Trunker Plugin Mod Official Website

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
That sounds like a crappy API.
No it isn't. This particular change was for the better. Wouldn't it be nice to have such foresight? Sometimes proof of concept apps turn into something much greater than they could have ever planned for. I'm sure this is the case here...

Smith398

Premium Subscriber
Sdr 1560 unitrunker latest version

I have sdr unitrunker and dsd plus 101 all working great only problem is I can't get unitrunker to auto track frequencys on sdr voice. All files are in there correct places and no errors. I have to manual go to each channel I want to listen. Any advice. New to this

Status
Not open for further replies.