Error in Durham TRS TGID

Status
Not open for further replies.

b52hbuff

b52hbuff

More on Durham TRS...

I took the config from rr.com and added some TGIDs I found on Mashall Sherard's old nctrafficman site. During my workday, I leave the scanner in Autostore mode. Later, I listened to the stored TGIDs.

Anyone want to start listening and see if they can figure out what these are:
784 - ID 11, everything going ok?
18576 - "Campus, anyone seen Rashod?"
Shareda? Do you know where Tyralon's jacket is?"
Is it in the gym?
Group B send XXXXX, he's ready to go home.
Team leader, parents are here to pick up...
Group A, I need XXXX up to the front
1168 - "Coming up here?"
Gotta come in through the inmate side
"Is a lot of people at the jail?"
Something about signing a confession
12880 - Base to Trey?
32592 - 250 to 202? We got connected into #1.

seamusg

b52hbuff said:
I was looking here:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=290

...and noticed...
32206 7dc A Transportation Technician (coin boxes on buses)

I think this is off...

If you divide TGID / 16, you get: 2012.875

...all of the other legal TGIDs are evenly divisible by 16.

I think the original confusion arose here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/carolinascanner/message/3109

I think the TGID should be 32208, which is divisible by 16.
Actually the TG would be 32192 with status of 14, which status 14 is not assigned..
Talk Groups are the actual TG PLUS the status bits.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hey bro...how about helping us out instead of making multiple threads about the same topic just submit the changes/updates to the database? that way we can get the corrections/updates done! :)
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
BTW: Threads merged as there needs to be ONLY one thread about this topic...
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

b52hbuff

seamusg said:
Actually the TG would be 32192 with status of 14, which status 14 is not assigned..
Talk Groups are the actual TG PLUS the status bits.

Go read the original reference. I reported the TGID as 32208. When I got the response, there was a typo.

b52hbuff

KE4ZNR said:
Hey bro...how about helping us out instead of making multiple threads about the same topic just submit the changes/updates to the database? that way we can get the corrections/updates done! :)
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

No problem, I guess I saw an 'error' and 'new tgids' as seperate topics. No worries. :)

My other concern/issue about submitting changes to the database is that I don't live in the area and can't really verify the information I submit. I visit the area 1-3 times per year. If I waited until I verified the information, it would take _years_ to make sure I got it right.

I was hoping I could elicit some local interest in the topic and maybe someone could add this to their scan list and verify the information. Now that we're talking about it, I'm a bit surprised that there is 'new' information to be learned about the Durham system. Isn't it a pretty mature system by now?

Maybe folks don't have the time/interest/equipment to log TGIDs?

...anyway, that is part of the fun for me, trying to find out as much as I can. :)

redclay

Durham/Duke Univ. TGIDs added

What timing - Marshall graciously just added and adjusted new TGID information for the 'mature' Durham trs and expanded the Duke trs that i have been monitoriing for the past several months for my local news agency in Durham.

I just got him the info this past Friday and he apparently works quickly. The new TGIDs may help you somewhat. The only thing i can think of for adding new TGIDs to a mature system is that they may not be used that often or a new TG is formed when PD or other entity has a need. Example - the Events A, B & C TGs that I heard local traffic on for the first time recently with fire, PD, EMS running disaster/emergency scenarios.

Hope the reorganization and expansion of those TGs will be helpful. Rgds, Redclay 6/19

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I also decided to "clean up" the Durham TRS and organize it into Categories...this makes it easier to read and easier to use with the various software programs that allow downloading of TGs from RR.com....thanks again for the updates Redclay and I will be in touch!
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

b52hbuff

redclay said:
What timing - Marshall graciously just added and adjusted new TGID information for the 'mature' Durham trs and expanded the Duke trs that i have been monitoriing for the past several months for my local news agency in Durham.

Hope the reorganization and expansion of those TGs will be helpful. Rgds, Redclay 6/19

Thanks! I didn't mean to 'slight' the Durham TRS, only to point out that unlike Viper, there doesn't seem to be a ton of interest/activity/updates to the system. :)

After I get over my jetlag, I'll try and put some notes together and list out the 'new' TGIDs I found. I'll also indicate which of these I actually heard (instead of being potential false decodes getting stored into the radio).

So what radio were you using? I was using a Uniden BCD-396T. Two features I really like for systems in your area:
#1. I-Calls. Durham and Viper TRS use a lot of I-Calls. Moreso than any of the systems I monitor in CA. Especially popular for setting up dinner dates. :)
#2. Autostore mode. I'm out there on business, and don't have a lot of time to monitor during the day. Autostore compares incoming TGIDs to existing TGIDs, so it only stores new ones.

redclay

Durham TGs

B52, I basically learned the new TG IDs and was able to confirm them by picking them up on my personal RS Pro96 and just manually saved them when they popped up....i was pretty much able to confirm the TGs ids with their repeated use over a few weeks time, listening mostly weekdays at work in Durham.

I have access to a Uniden 396T but have only barely begun to use its capabilities of which I have not used the icall or autostore TG features as yet...the 96 is my constant companion and I use the 396T when i head to Wake county/Raleigh when i have to work over there...Wake Co. is almost completely on the VIPER system, so it makes more sense for me to use it there...

I am glad Marshall could take the time to sort out the TGs in a manageable pkg. and make it easier for all of us to plug in what we can use. rgds, Redclay

Status
Not open for further replies.