Error: Scanner max channel or max tgid limit reach pops up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabiker

( ERROR: SCANNER MAX CHANNEL OR MAX TGID LIMIT REACH ) I get this error everytime i go to load it onto my 396t. ( 1st ? what is a tgid ?) (2.nd ? is can i fix this to where i dont get this error ? ) there is only 59% of the memory used on the 396t scanner. I have a 996xt and i dont get this error when i load the same file to it.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
YOu have too many talkgroups in a particular system.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
BCD996XT (and other XT models) can have more channels per system than the BCD396T.

dabiker

I am new to the forum thing and i guess i dont know where the public forum is i feel like a retard because I dont know how to use the forum i guess i cant understand how this works . i am learning slowly.

sjlamb

TGID means TALKGROUP ID....

The maximum number of Talkgroup IDs that you can program in any one system for each radio is as follows:

BCD396T- Maximum of 200 Talkgroups per System

BCD996XT- Maximum of 500 Talkgroups per System

Your problem is that the file you are trying to load onto the 396T has one or more Systems in it that contain more than 200 Talkgroups.

Solution: Split any over limit system (meaning more than 200 talkgroup IDs) in your file into 2 seperate Systems; each being identical except that half of your Talkgroups are in one of those Systems and the other half in the second System. This would give you TWO system with identical trunking frequencies but with different Groups and Talkgroups under each.

I would also strongly suggest that you have two different files for the 396T and the 996XT to avoid future confusion. Name each file something like:

My396TFile.996

My996XTFile.996

Last edited:

n9nwo

996T maxed out

( ERROR: SCANNER MAX CHANNEL OR MAX TGID LIMIT REACH ) I get this error everytime i go to load it onto my 396t. ( 1st ? what is a tgid ?) (2.nd ? is can i fix this to where i dont get this error ? ) there is only 59% of the memory used on the 396t scanner. I have a 996xt and i dont get this error when i load the same file to it.

My problem is that it appears that I have used up all available TGID slots. Is it possible to reset? The scanner seems to dynamically allocate a slot (and number) and I have reached the max.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That limit is on a per-system basis. You should only need to fix that system (reduce the number of channels to below the per-system limit).

n9nwo

That limit is on a per-system basis. You should only need to fix that system (reduce the number of channels to below the per-system limit).

Thanks

What had happened was that I had to use Freescan to wipe memory. Then I was limited to 200 TGID per system. One good reason to move up the HP-1!

Status
Not open for further replies.