Freescan: Error while downloading data from Uniden Scanner onto FreeSCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all,

So I boot up FreeSCAN, plug my scanner in, switch the COM port to the correct one on the download page, and it says that the COM port access is denied. This is the first time this has happened. Is there a driver update? Any idea how to fix? 1643087852454.png

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I’ll try it when I get home.
Apparently, you do have the serial port driver loaded. I don't have a Mac, but the serial port Com # assigned, when you plug in the USB cable, can differ based on which USB port is used (on a Windows PC). Run Auto to find what the current active port is currently, in case it changed.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have no problem using FreeSCAN with my BCD325P2. Did you load the Uniden USB driver for the scanner? Both the 325P2 and 996P2 require the driver.

For the record, support for the 325p2 is "experimental" as indicated on Freescan's downloads page and there hasn't been a product update in over 6 years. If issues continue after following above suggestions you may want to consider Proscan instead
I have no problem using FreeSCAN with my BCD325P2. Did you load the Uniden USB driver for the scanner? Both the 325P2 and 996P2 require the driver.
Yes, I have the driver. I figured it out though. Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.