ERT(Emergency Response Team) freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm still unsure which ageny you are referring to.... I'll assume at this point it's OPP. ERT guys respond on whatever OPS channel they are assigned, which may get shifted over to a TAC channel at some point. You mentioned ERT, but I'm also wondering if you are referring to the TRU team. Again, they typically respond on whatever OPS or TAC channel has been assigned to the event, but will sometimes switch to their simplex encrypted channel when on scene (410.1875).

JEC18159

Premium Subscriber
OPP has TRU teams and ERT teams. TRU is the big guns based out of certain locations in the province. ERT is basically in each area, their job is to contain an area and wait for TRU. They have a higher skill set, but don't pack the firepower that TRU does.

homerjay

I'm thinking that ERU is a similar group to "Team 1 Envormental" in hamilton area. I saw one unit coming out of a waste transfer site on the bayfront of Hamilton.

I kept this post in mind thinking that if it was some sort of OPP group and something happend there, they would have shut the facility down for a while but we were still able to go in.

imcleish

Off-Topic but a response to previous post,

Team 1 Enviromental is a commercial company contracted to clean up hazardous waste, although equipped with red emergency lighting, they have no provincial powers that I am aware of.

The ministry which would apply in the instance you have raised would be MOE (Ministry of Enviroment).

Status
Not open for further replies.