Escambia County....

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
I see in the database listings for Escambia County this note:

Escambia County has moved over to P-25 Digital. Some channels will have encryption.

but I don't see a P25 system listed for Escambia.

I also see this for the neighboring Santa Rosa County:

Nov 13, 2014 - Santa Rosa County Commissioners have approved the upgrade of the counties public radio system. The system will be an APCO TDMA P25 Digital 700/800 System. This means only Project 25 Phase II TDMA modulation, which can ONLY be monitored using a P25 Phase II compatible scanner. System should go online Jan 2016. Also noted Sheriff Dept will be encrypted and Escambia County will also be moving over to this system.

Just curious....

EDIT -- just noticed I somehow got into the breaking incidents forum - not what I intended! Moderators/forum managers - please move this to the Florida forum. Thank you

wise871

Database Admin
Troy
Escambia counties system is tagged P-25 Conventional. The mode is clearly marked P25 in the frequency. Your not going to see a P25 system listed at the bottom of the page like you do for Trunk, Phase I, Phase II, etc because it is conventional. Is this what your asking??

As far as Escambia moving over to Santa Rosa new TRUNK system in 2016. We still have to wait and see. There just starting to get the equipment in but have not started setting up yet. Once it's up next year, will know if Escambia has moved over. They haven't even filed for the FCC grant yet.

troymail

Silent Key
Troy
Escambia counties system is tagged P-25 Conventional. The mode is clearly marked P25 in the frequency. Your not going to see a P25 system listed at the bottom of the page like you do for Trunk, Phase I, Phase II, etc because it is conventional. Is this what your asking??

Ah - thanks - now it makes more sense. When I see mention of P25 - in my head, my mind immediately goes to a trunked system. I hadn't even considered P25 conventional.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.