Escondido Police Channel has been quite

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparker1962

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed over the past few days that the Escondido Police channels have been quite. These seems to have started a few days ago. I haven't seen any frequency changes on RR to indicate that I need to do something different. Is anyone picking anything up from Escondido Police, North Cell?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed over the past few days that the Escondido Police channels have been quite. These seems to have started a few days ago. I haven't seen any frequency changes on RR to indicate that I need to do something different. Is anyone picking anything up from Escondido Police, North Cell?

Are you listening to the NextGen RCS system, or the old system? I hear them just fine on NextGen.

mrg1std

Premium Subscriber
NextGen is a new system. Check out the RR database for the new freqs. I'm guessing you could start with the West Simulcast site 045 for Esco. Their new talkgroup is 2301.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber

Mike_G_D

Just divide the decimal values by 16 to get the correct numbers for the NextGen system. Otherwise, same stuff different system.

nhse

Premium Subscriber
I am just learning that my old north zone sheriff channels have changed again. So...is the Encinitas substation still on the north zone or the west zone? I use hex codes so I cannot divide so will the hex codes remain the same. Will there now be a west zone for coastal law...Encinitas, Carlsbad and Oceanside? Will Northcomm be on both west and north?

sparker1962

Premium Subscriber
I am just learning that my old north zone sheriff channels have changed again. So...is the Encinitas substation still on the north zone or the west zone? I use hex codes so I cannot divide so will the hex codes remain the same. Will there now be a west zone for coastal law...Encinitas, Carlsbad and Oceanside? Will Northcomm be on both west and north?
I started using the new NextGen settings for Escondido police using the West Simulcast. Though I can hear the calls, the traffic is considerable less active and the clarity seems to have gotten worse. I don't know if I'm not picking everything up or there are new channels I don't know about. I may be at the mercy to wait until RR updates their page.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber

North Coastal Station is primarily on the new West Cell, with permissions on the North and South cells. The HEX codes have not changed. Northcom is on both North and West, depending on the area involved.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I started using the new NextGen settings for Escondido police using the West Simulcast. Though I can hear the calls, the traffic is considerable less active and the clarity seems to have gotten worse. I don't know if I'm not picking everything up or there are new channels I don't know about. I may be at the mercy to wait until RR updates their page.

Escondido is primarily a West agency, with some North areas. If you are using Control Channel scanning, you will be OK.

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
I am getting all agencies loud and clear,excluding Carlsbad and Oside whch have not gone over to the other side yet. The transmissions sound different to some point, but as I said clear and full bars. Dont even have to hook up my ST2 for issues....yet

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber

If you need some "get me started" NextGen stuff, see this post for full RRdb of nextGen,

For converting YOUR programming to NextGen, see this post.

Mike_G_D

I am getting all agencies loud and clear,excluding Carlsbad and Oside whch have not gone over to the other side yet. The transmissions sound different to some point, but as I said clear and full bars. Dont even have to hook up my ST2 for issues....yet

Hmm, I have been getting plenty of Carlsbad and Oceanside on the new system.

-Mike

nhse

Premium Subscriber
So if Escondido and North Coastal Sheriffs is on North and West zones, are there new control frequencies for the North Zone? Are there any other changes need...I use hex codes? Are all the old North mountaintop sites for the North and West zones the same? I think for the north coast we used Soledad, Encina power plant, San Marcos peak and Black Mountain. Will those still be sites used for North and West?

Mike_G_D

So if Escondido and North Coastal Sheriffs is on North and West zones, are there new control frequencies for the North Zone? Are there any other changes need...I use hex codes? Are all the old North mountaintop sites for the North and West zones the same? I think for the north coast we used Soledad, Encina power plant, San Marcos peak and Black Mountain. Will those still be sites used for North and West?

New system with sites and associated control channels is listed here: San Diego-Imperial County RCS NextGen Trunking System, Various, California - Scanner Frequencies.

I believe that the Encina power plant site may be going away (Don referred to a site in Carlsbad no longer being available so I thought it might be that one but that is just a guess on my part). Otherwise, you should check Don's posts throughout this thread for more information. Don is K6CDO if you were not aware.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.