Essex County NY upgrade to P25 standard to begin in May and be completed by Jan. 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Why does it need to be completed by 1-1-13? There is no narrow band mandate for microwave services. Is this part of a larger project to do with narrow banding? Or just a means to connect all the other sites.

Actually its a whole new radio system with p25 compliant base/mobiles and all... its been a about 8 years in the making... and i believe the 1/1/13 has to do with the recent PublicSafety grant from the government to essex county new york...

The 1950's era system is falling apart so badly...
Now i wonder is p25 standard going to be true Phase 2 now that its out... or Phase 1 or X2 TDMA...
Probrably going to be X2-TDMA seems how the vender is selling MOTOROLA's ASTRO line...

D

DaveNF2G

Unless Essex County has been hornswoggled into being a beta test site, I doubt they will be trying to deploy Phase 2 in less than 10 months, especially as that part of the standard was only approved recently.

SCPD

QRT
Unless Essex County has been hornswoggled into being a beta test site, I doubt they will be trying to deploy Phase 2 in less than 10 months, especially as that part of the standard was only approved recently.

hey Dave and thanks

SCPD

QRT
From the last Ways and Meens meeting the vote was passed on buying the conventional VHF-lo band radios
VHF-Hi is going to be a Digital Trunked System incorporating Motorola Astro25 Digital Trunked Radio System..
NYSP troup B headquarters in Lewis NY are beginning to install thier radio systems in thier HQ in lewis as the permit from the apa was just released... thats the other hold up on FCC for extention of time... Adirondack Park Agency throwing curve balls where they can and can not build or colocate tower sites
troup B cars will be using astro XTL 2500's
portables will be APX 6000's
paging and distpatch will remain on lo-band
ems and fire will also be using vhf-hi p25 CONVENTIONAL as part 1 of the system upgrade then will be moved over to the trunked system by 2014

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

Phase II TDMA was approved over a year ago (November 2010) and Motorola has been shipping Phase II systems since August. ASTRO 25 System Release 7.11 enables Phase II on all G series base stations/repeaters and APX series mobiles/portables.

Rockland County has 100 GTR 8000 trunked repeaters currently being installed at 10 sites that shipped with Release 7.11 and Phase II enabled. That system, which will be up and running in a few months, will run Phase II TDMA right out of the box from Day 1. There will be no Phase I FDMA or X2-TDMA users on the system at all.

Referring to Phase II as some sort of "beta test" is amusing.

SCPD

QRT
When was the plan changed to trunking?
Not sure when it was changed but Ed from Wells communications kept saying trunked multicast system at the last meeting 1/26/12
I'll look and post the Minutes when they become available through essex county's webpage..

I do believe it has something to do with the aditional $10 million dollar grant.... on top of the $11 million in state bonds...

Status
Not open for further replies.