Essex County VHF Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosco836

Hello,

I live in the Essex County area and have a VHF Portable with several spare frequency slots. I intended to use these spare slots as a scanner per-say.

I have already programed in LaSalle Police, LaSalle Fire, and Leamington fire (all as Rx only - no Tx). Are there any other good VHF frequencies in this area worth listening to?

Highpockets

bosco836

Thank you for your reply.

I should note that I have examined the Essex County Database; however, the only remaining VHF Frequencies are Simplex Fire Talk Ground channels, most of which I don't receive clearly from my area OR are encrypted (re: Amherstburg PD).

I should also note that many frequencies appear to be missing from this list (ex. First Student Canada, University of Windsor, various schools within the GECDSB).

I was just curious in regards to what other residents of Windsor-Essex county might have picked up on their scanners that perhaps hasn't yet made its way online.

Highpockets

Thank you for your reply.

I should note that I have examined the Essex County Database; however, the only remaining VHF Frequencies are Simplex Fire Talk Ground channels, most of which I don't receive clearly from my area OR are encrypted (re: Amherstburg PD).

I should also note that many frequencies appear to be missing from this list (ex. First Student Canada, University of Windsor, various schools within the GECDSB).

I was just curious in regards to what other residents of Windsor-Essex county might have picked up on their scanners that perhaps hasn't yet made its way online.

You may have better luck posting a question like that in one of the Canada Forums. :)

bosco836

Many thanks. I will do that.

Please forgive my ignorance as I am relatively new to RadioReference.

Best,

- Bosco

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hey Bosco,

Welcome to RR. I have moved your post to the Eastern Canada forum, the pro's here will help you!

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Hey bosco, welcome to RR. As for UHF not too much here in essex county, however thier was a site where you could look up by county, but i forget the link it was posted on this website sometime ago, maybe someone else will chime in here with that link.. You can always plug in the VHF freq's for the OPP which are listed in the wiki and as well in the database. one is 412.8875, which is the repeater for Techumseh opp station

Josh

I thought that pretty much everything was digital/encrypted. I live across the river from Essex County, in MI and haven't had any luck with anything except OPP/fleetnet.

bosco836

I just located the dispatch frequency for Lakeshore Fire at 153.770000 . This doesn't appear to be listed in the database.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
only the police are enc , you can still hear fire & transit windsor & some city services on the windsor system
there is some listening on the kelcom system as well
The ambulance & opp are on fleetnet
& you can always hear some activity on the marine band & airport frequencies

Windsor Public Safety Project 25 System Trunking System, Windsor, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies
KELCOM II Trunking System, Windsor, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies
United States Coast Guard - The RadioReference Wiki
Windsor Airport 124.7 tower 121.7 ground

Status
Not open for further replies.