Essex / Union Auto Theft Fask Force Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt307

Premium Subscriber
Essex Union Auto Theft Task Force

A&E has been filming with the ATTF since last fall. The season for "Jacked" is for 13 episodes. There is no word yet if there will be any further filming.

VINFROMLINDEN

Please forgive me for the topic drift....

I like listening to Newark Police radio. While the calls are "hot"

I took note of your ("E911 GOD") footnote on the "professionalism" of the Newark dispatchers, and HAD TO COMMENT!.

I AGREE they are VERYun-professional!!

The females especially are quite curt and rude-

Please no flames/replies to the following OPINION:
... but IMO, they are too GHETTO!

They say "Hold on!!, I'm calling back PR", "GIVE ME A MINUTE !!" and other downright nasty, curt, insubordinate remarks.. You can hear the derisiveness in their tone when they mention calls reported by State Police.. It's a shame.

They make what, $50K or more, and that's the quality...? You hate / can't deal with your job..QUIT!

SCPD

QRT
IMHO the reason is because it's chaos. Maybe in our lifetime (doubt it) they will clean up that city. Seems like they are reactive when they should be more proactive.

I used to know a Newark Cop many years ago, and he said that they have a lot of lazy cops, who do nothing but the bare minimum. If they can clean up NYC, they can clean up Newark. Newark should take a lesson from NYPD.

radiomanNJ1

They get the job done under tough conditions. Professional they are; dispatch to your standards no!
I love when people who have never done what they do for a living for years are ready willing and able to criticize others. Newark is a dark hole and anyone working in public safety there is just trying to survive. Let's worry about the last Mayor Sharpe James, now indicted, who was driving a Rolls Royce.

Please forgive me for the topic drift....

I like listening to Newark Police radio. While the calls are "hot"

I took note of your ("E911 GOD") footnote on the "professionalism" of the Newark dispatchers, and HAD TO COMMENT!.

I AGREE they are VERYun-professional!!

The females especially are quite curt and rude-

Please no flames/replies to the following OPINION:
... but IMO, they are too GHETTO!

They say "Hold on!!, I'm calling back PR", "GIVE ME A MINUTE !!" and other downright nasty, curt, insubordinate remarks.. You can hear the derisiveness in their tone when they mention calls reported by State Police.. It's a shame.

They make what, $50K or more, and that's the quality...? You hate / can't deal with your job..QUIT!

TheUrge

I was just watching the show tonight as well, and came up with this thread. I would love to hear some of the comms on the posted frequencies, but I am in Nebraska.

I wonder if anyone would be willing to setup a stream with these freqs?

SCPD

QRT
I was just watching the show tonight as well, and came up with this thread. I would love to hear some of the comms on the posted frequencies, but I am in Nebraska.

I wonder if anyone would be willing to setup a stream with these freqs?

You're not missing much. All you hear is plates being runed, which is not too often and sector changes.

Sometimes they are inactive for long periods of time and they are not out every night.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
radiomanNJ1 said:
I love when people who have never done what they do for a living for years are ready willing and able to criticize others.

First of all...I have done what they do, and for many years. I've also been on both sides of the mic, in a police car, firetruck and ambulance.

Second...There are alot of agencies out there that are busier than Newark. And the dispatchers of those agecies sound 10 times more professional. Sometimes a little thing called training works.

SCPD

QRT
First of all...I have done what they do, and for many years. I've also been on both sides of the mic, in a police car, firetruck and ambulance.

Second...There are alot of agencies out there that are busier than Newark. And the dispatchers of those agecies sound 10 times more professional. Sometimes a little thing called training works.

Don't bother. Just another bloviator.

FireBuff44

i watched the show and it looked pretty cool i have to say. e911god was it hard 4 u to get on the auto theft task force? How long do they let you stay on? if i get hired as a po i would like to do that. u must have seen alot of @&#*$ workin in newark!!! that place is pretty crazy.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
e911god was it hard 4 u to get on the auto theft task force? How long do they let you stay on?

You must have misunderstood my post. I used to "do what they do" meaning I dispatched for many years before becoming a LEO. I haven't worked with the ATTF guys/gals, but I have worked with the Prosecutor's Office in Union and Essex County many times, mostly narcotics, and they are all top notch. And yes, Newark is a world of it's own. I loved the billboard "Help Wanted - Stop the Killings in Newark" for all the tourists.

As far as getting on any specialized unit, it comes with time. We all start out on the streets, but you make some good cases, work hard and before you know it you'll be where you want. Or you could go the "kiss ass" route :)

VINFROMLINDEN

Equipment

On subject of Equipment :

I noticed on a close up (that I TIVO paused :wink:)
they had a Motorola HT 1000 and an un-ID'd'able portable (with an orange colored keyboard) radio in desktop cradles.

Seem like a great group with good chemistry. Hope it stays around awhile.

I love seeing places I know.
Hope they stay safe!

Hooligan

In one episode they showed a Motorola Saber sitting at at desk, with the channel plan card taped to the front. Pausing the high-def image allowed me to read all the channels, but since i'm 2000+ miles away, I didn't pay much attention to them.

They might have had an ATTF channel 2 (which probably would have just been talk-around/simplex on the chan 1 repeater output), but otherwise, all the channels listed were UHF primary & sometimes secondary freqs for area PDs -- nothing unusual.

epdret

crazycrash,

There is no Tuscaloosa County among the 21 counties of New Jersey. You might to checkout the Alabama Forum for a better reply.

Analogrules

Not Showing Anymore

The show, Jacked, doesn't seem to be on anymore. I just checked the tvguide website and it says that it won't be on the air for at least the next 14 days. I also haven't noticed it in the TV guide for about a month now. I wonder if they took the show off for good or will broadcast a new season eventually?

DSYCUTTER

Premium Subscriber
The show, Jacked, doesn't seem to be on anymore. I just checked the tvguide website and it says that it won't be on the air for at least the next 14 days. I also haven't noticed it in the TV guide for about a month now. I wonder if they took the show off for good or will broadcast a new season eventually?

I was wondering the same thing. I checked TVguide etc and havent found any good info. I can tell you that the ATTF are still extremely busy as I pick them up very well from my location and hear action most nights of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.