Essex / Union Auto Theft Fask Force Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

npd155

471.36250 474.36250 KXN435 RM 82.5 PL 1 Prosecutor / Auto Theft Task Force

xpawel15x

***Disregard I found answers to my own questions!!!***

Last edited:

VINFROMLINDEN

Re: NPD155 response:

Thanks, people like you make this thing work as good as it does!

With a handle of "NPD155" - sounds like you'd know....
Take Care

Sybex7254

Essex County Prosecutor has been using that frequency for as long as I can remember so it's never been a big secret. If there is now a TV Show based on their activities I wonder if that will soon change??

Anyway you can also check the Database on this site for more info for Essex County agencies....

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=740

SCPD

QRT
Essex County Prosecutor has been using that frequency for as long as I can remember so it's never been a big secret. If there is now a TV Show based on their activities I wonder if that will soon change??

Anyway you can also check the Database on this site for more info for Essex County agencies....

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=740

I wouldn't think so. They have never been secret. If you do a Google search for Essex ATTF, there are news articles about the unit. Even if you know who they are, you don't know where they all are or where they are doing it, just by listening to the chatter.

They mentioned there are anywhere between 12 and 24 officers working on any given night.

Analogrules

just to confirm my understanding

I just want to confirm that 471.3625 is the Task Force frequency for Essex County ONLY??? That's what I have in my records, but the thread is titled Essex and UNION?? I'm confused, does Union County use this frequency also or just Essex County? It was my understanding that Union County's Task Force uses the countywide TRUNKED system. I just wanted to verify that my understanding is correct.

gcr33

I think one of the questions is are they operating as part of both prosecutors offices? There would have to be a mutual aid agreement or similar for that to happen.

I love the bumpers on the TRUCKS and have you seen the one guy who fills the front seat of his truck?

They were not carrying trunked radios in the one that I watched the other night and I think they was some use of Nextel

xpawel15x

I just want to confirm that 471.3625 is the Task Force frequency for Essex County ONLY??? That's what I have in my records, but the thread is titled Essex and UNION?? I'm confused, does Union County use this frequency also or just Essex County? It was my understanding that Union County's Task Force uses the countywide TRUNKED system. I just wanted to verify that my understanding is correct.

471.3625 is being used by the Essex / Union ATTF. They are a one agency looking for stolen cars in both counties. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

VINFROMLINDEN

Interoperability

I too, was wondering HOW (what type) they would use their radio systems, as the two Counties Essex & UNION have at least two different types radio systems, (EDACS) and MOT 800, as well as conventional freeqs.

I listen to N.P.D. CRYSTAL CLEAR in Linden NJ- I have had the frequencies given loaded previously (per RR) and have never heard them...I have heard Alerts about reckless driving by stolens, (by N.P.D.) but no ATTF chatter...

Don't they need real time comms with the local PD's to let them know "what's up" with their ops as they materialize ?...

And God:
Please don't let it be NEX HELL although that would probably be their best bet as they could maintain local comms on dash mount radio units, while maintaining "discreet" comms amongst the unit members only.

But I also realize that the ATTF is based in Essex (natch) and "when in Rome"....(use the Roman antiquated 400 mhz system... LOL :)

WHAT IS THE DEAL: ANY MEMBERS LEO/Techs CARE TO (ANOMYNOUSLY) LET THE FORUM MEMBERS KNOW?

I do not think bloods/crips read this forum BTW LOL ;)

Thanks
Radios that work

xpawel15x

I too, was wondering HOW (what type) they would use their radio systems, as the two Counties Essex & UNION have at least two different types radio systems, (EDACS) and MOT 800, as well as conventional freeqs.
They use Essex County Prosecutor's conventional freqs as stated in Post #2 and #11.

I listen to N.P.D. CRYSTAL CLEAR in Linden NJ- I have had the frequencies given loaded previously (per RR) and have never heard them...I have heard Alerts about reckless driving by stolens, (by N.P.D.) but no ATTF chatter...
If you listen long enough to the Newark PD system, you would hear them call for Auto Theft units. Newark PD has their own ATTF squad to work solely within its boundaries. They are the 700 units and 780 is the boss.
Don't they need real time comms with the local PD's to let them know "what's up" with their ops as they materialize ?...
As previously said in Post #6, there are 12-24 of them on any night. So they don't have to depend on backup from other agencies. If they have to contact another agency I believe they would use SPEN1.
Please don't let it be NEX HELL although that would probably be their best bet as they could maintain local comms on dash mount radio units, while maintaining "discreet" comms amongst the unit members only.
They do use Nextells for local ops, as well as pretty much any other agency. But all comms with dispatch go through the radio.
But I also realize that the ATTF is based in Essex (natch) and "when in Rome"....(use the Roman antiquated 400 mhz system... LOL
Not really sure what you're asking here...if Rome means Newark than No, the E/U ATTF does not use Newarks 400mhz system althought the E/U ATTF headquarters is in Essex county.

Hope this helps.
xpawel15x

Analogrules

television series on A & E

Thank you very much on the clarification. I'm going to make a note to program that frequency in my scanner, now that I know that they use it Union County also. So what's the actual name of that television series on A & E? Sounds like something I would enjoy watching.

robocop80

New Brunswick

Do you think I can pick this up in the New Brunswick area? I added to my scanner but have not heard anything. Is this freq fairly active?

Thanks

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Just wanted to clarify some things for you guys. Yes, the Essex/Union County ATTF uses the Essex County Prosecutor's Office Channel 1 repeater, 471.3625 PL 82.5. The Union county guys assigned to the TF use Essex radios. This channel is ALSO used by the prosecutor's office if they need to contact Essex County Sheriff's HQ, which monitors the channel. ECSO will also simulcast all BOLO's on this channel along with the 800 MHz SO frequencies. ECPO channel 2 is simplex of channel 1, the database has it wrong on the repeater input...it should be the same frequency as above, no repeater. ECPO detectives/TFO's mainly use the ECPO channel 3 repeater 477.1000 PL 82.5. Channel 3 is some good listening for drug related ops. Again, TFO's from other agencies assigned to the prosecutors office are assigned ECPO radios and given a prosecutor callsign.

Hope this helps.

As far as Newark, I don't listen to them until they announce something good over SPEN1, the I switch to whatever district's frequency. I can't take listening to them for more then a couple of minutes. They sound so unprofessional on the radio.

SCPD

QRT
Anyone have any info on how many episodes they plan on doing. My guess it took them a year or more do get what they have now.

Google didn't turn up much. Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.