Estes Park back to Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Simucasting has seemed to stop and there all DTRS tonight, anyone else hearing this?

Jim<

rickak

Heard what sounded like routine PD type traffic on the Estes PD talkgroup earlier today. A radio affiliated around here for some reason.

Rick

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
Estes PD and Estes Fire Department are both on the DTRS but using the old VHF system also, as mentioned earlier simulcast.
Talked with a volunteer with FD and he said that they got radios last week, he did not know the talkgroup id's but said that they had about 6, is carrying both the 800 dtrs radio and vhf radio as the ambulance service is still using vhf. No word on when they will switch.
Keep an eye and ear open for new talkgroups, tomorrow I will bring up my Pro 96 and run it in "open" mode and try and find the talkgroups.

73, Rex

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Estes Park

I Heard Estes Park PD on TG 4084 last night, but have heard nothing on there tonight.

Does anyone know what TG that Estes Park FD and Ambulance will be on? I have 4084 and 4085 for Estes Park PD. Thanks

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

jeffreyinberthoud said:
aI think the testing I heard (breifly) and a few weeks ago now was on 4087
but dont qoute me on that

Sorry, I just had to quote you. Couldn't resist.... :D

soncorn

Estes Park Police is using Digital except for occasional use of the old VHF "Tactical" channel.

Estes Park EMS is using 9170 and Estes Park Fire is using 9300. I just submitted these to the database a few minutes ago. I do not know what (if any) tactical channels are being used by EMS and/or Fire.

The dispatcher is still being broadcast for Fire and EMS on the respective VHF channels, but the mobile/portable units are not.

Edited to add: I heard traffic 9302 also, I was unable to identify it though.
Edited to add more: I heard unit P12 (Paul 12) going to 700 (which I believe is the EP city hall) to do fingerprinting.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
700 is indeed the town hall/police station in Estes Park.

Great catch on the TG's and thanks.

EMS advises they will continue to carry 3 radios at least; VHF for Boulder County & RMNP calls, UHF for med channels and 800MHz as well.

Jim<

Last edited:

nathancarlson

Just FYI I have been picking up the new Estes TGs on the Longmont (sunset) tower. On pro96com it was showing up as an affiliate as well. Kind of strange, since that tower does not to have very good range.

MikeyB

Anybody out there picking up Estes Park PD or FD? I did a bunch of logging yesterday and got 4084 affiliated on Bald Mountain but did not hear any voice channel usage. I also log 9300 regularly on Bald but have never heard anything on it. What towers do you hear them on?

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
I've been seeing Estes FD on TG9300 and Estes PD on TG4084 off the Mead site fairly regularly.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Remember most of there traffic never get's out of that valley so it's primarily on Prospect only.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
That's way I figured but I was hoping Bald might be able to get some of it. Are they also on Drake a lot?

Don't believe so when I worked up there VHF was even challenging in the Drake area and that sites DTRS footprint is pretty small.

Jim<

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
Should also mention that in the last few days of monitoring 3-061 (Bald N), I've been logging Estes 4084 and 9300 there, too.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
estes

That's way I figured but I was hoping Bald might be able to get some of it. Are they also on Drake a lot?

from home (berthoud)
I hear estes fire 9300 just fine on Bald its PD I dont here on Bald however when I am at work windsor I can hear both on horsetooth seems strange

MikeyB

from home (berthoud)
I hear estes fire 9300 just fine on Bald its PD I dont here on Bald however when I am at work windsor I can hear both on horsetooth seems strange

Interesting. I'll just program them in and see what I hear. I've logged 9300 regularly on those two sites but had never seen then get a channel grant. With PD I logged them on Bald and they had just a few channel grants but when I've logged them I've never seen them. And I've never logged them on Horsetooth either.

Status
Not open for further replies.