Eton Executive Satellite question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadgeteer2000

Hello all, I got recently an Eton Satellite radio.

I really like it - but one feature puzzles me. When I try to use the "SYNC" button the reception becomes really bad, fading in/out.

I have read that SYNC does not work so well on this radio. Is this normal? Or is my radio defective and should I return it? (The radio seems to be fine otherwise for regular FM/AM/SW broadcast channels and for AIR reception)

Can you please tell me - what is the SYNC (SYNCHRONOUS DETECTOR) supposed to do?

Thank you for any guidance.

Gadgeteer2000

Thank you,this is very helpful. What it does not tell me is whether my radio is defective or not. Could please anyone comment on that please?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Check the reviews of the radio - I suspect that the sync doesn't work all that well. There's only a few portables that do - the Tecsun PL660 and the long discontinued ICF2010 are just 2 examples

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Are you using an external antenna? Sometimes the Sync will be overdriven by too much RF. Back down the gain if you can

One review by Jay Allen suggests that the audio quality on the Sync is (his words) 'thin'. A well structured Google search will no doubt produce more.

Mike

Gadgeteer2000

Thank you both. I do not use an external antenna. I have read that the sync does not work well - I am just not sure what that means. My reception (which without sync is good and stable) becomes a bit garbled and fades in and out when I activate sync on an am or sw radio channel. Is that what is meant by not working well? (which then would mean that my radio is like all the others and not defective)?

Status
Not open for further replies.