Etowah County SO going back to VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Well, It appears that the ECSO is ditching the Southern Linc and going back to VHF. So if you have remove the old VHF frequency from your scanner you might want to put it back in.

c0wb0yup

GADSDENEDACS said:
Well, It appears that the ECSO is ditching the Southern Linc and going back to VHF. So if you have remove the old VHF frequency from your scanner you might want to put it back in.

Thanks for the info. Is there some controversy over the Linc? Ya got any links to news articles or do you know the reason(s) why? I am curious, i visit the area two or three times a year, I have family in Attalla.

Tony

morganAL

Can you say reliability or officer safety? SLINC is ok for admin BS but for day to day operations and critical stuff, no way. Or perhaps it's that $100K per year bill for using the SLINC network. They probably still have all of their VHF radios and repeaters although if they let thier license expire and they have to get recoordinated they may wind up having to go narrowband.

Just my $.05 (adjusted for the price of fuel)

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Just adding fuel to the fire concerning EXTREMELY POOR 800-900 communications nationwide, the Public Safety personnel being put in jeopardy and the megabucks that it puts into the pockets of the 'big comm companies' to keep adding equipment to white elephant 800-900 systems.

SCPD

QRT
I am not sure why the sudden change. I suspect that coverage is probably the main issue. I know down in Rainbow City and South SLinc have little to no coverage. I am hearing allot more traffic on the VHF now and Im sure over the next few days it will incease.

Status
Not open for further replies.