• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Etrunker w/ESK and BC780XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

William

Can Etrunker be used to control a BC780XLT?

I only see the BC245 and BC895 listed in the instruction manual. Since I have two BC780XLTs I was hoping I could use the second one for voice tracking.

Any help would be appreciated.

William

SCPD

The Uniden models are close enough as far as computer commands go. It should work. Try the '245 - then the '895.

William

Thanks for the quick reply.

I may be a ways away from actually doing the voice side of things.

Right now Etrunker is showing only a 20 percent accuracy rate. It may be my old 400 mHz Compaq Presario not keeping up with the transmissions. So I have to figure that out before I actually start trying to get the second scanner to track voice communications.

I'm just a few days into my first attempts with Etrunker w/ESK, but I already have the program basically tracking the system, so I think I'm doing OK.

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the near future.

Thanks again,

William

Status
Not open for further replies.