Etrunker with ESK won't control tracking scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

westsdad

Anyone get Etrunker with ESK to control a second tracking / voice scanner?

I can get Etrunker (w/o ESK) to work using a single com port and two com ports to control a second tracking / voice scanner on two different computers.

When I try Etrunker with ESK, the second scanner drops out of VCO mode and doesn't display the parked frequency. I cannot get Etrunker with ESK to control the second tracking / voice scanner using a single com port or two com ports on two different scanners. Etrunker with ESK will properly track the system -- it just won't control the second scanner so there is no audio.

I'm trying to listen to the Lakewood, CO EDACS TRS that recently turned on ESK. Awaiting a firmware upgrade for the BC15T / BCD396T // BCD996T. Will have to get a PSR-600 if the firmware upgrade either doesn't happen or takes too long.

I downloaded the Etrunker with ESK from the RR Wiki. Is there a different version than v3.9.0?

Thanks,
Scott

SCPD

QRT
Hi Scott;

This has sat unanswered long enough so I'll suggest you try Unitrunker. For voice following - use the "old" generation of the program. The new release is in alpha so it is likely missing features you may need. You will need to use a sound input instead of a slicer / serial port. You can use the same program for both ESK and non-ESK systems. The program works that out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.