ETS Talkgroup on the EDACS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Ok so I see that a talkgroup for Transit was submitted to the database recently.

Some questions come to mind

1. Does anyone know when ETS is supposed to cut over to the EDACS system?

2. Has anyone listened to the EDACS system underground or is there even coverage underground?

3. If not, any guesses how the city going to add coverage underground?

As well I was on the LRT today and spied a Harris EDACS mobile in stalled in one of the LRT cars minus microphone.

Boho

I have heard plenty of LRT talk on a few TGs There seems to be a ETS security TG as well.

Seems like the LRT has been transfered and the buses might follow soon. I've heard a bunch of "Test 12345" on a few talk goups lately as well. Might be for the buses.

SCPD

QRT
Ok so I see that a talkgroup for Transit was submitted to the database recently.

Some questions come to mind

2. Has anyone listened to the EDACS system underground or is there even coverage underground?

3. If not, any guesses how the city going to add coverage underground?

As well I was on the LRT today and spied a Harris EDACS mobile in stalled in one of the LRT cars minus microphone.

>> LRT and Transit security in progress. ETS next along with garages
According to the contract the installer has until the early Feb 2010 to complete the job.
At the pace there going I doubt it. I do see loop-hole in the contract the installer will likely exploit allowng the project to extend beyond the contract period.

>> New radio stuff was added in the tunnels months ago. As of late last week techs were still tweeking the system.. lots of "Tesing , ooon, Tuoo, Feee....."

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

>> LRT and Transit security in progress. ETS next along with garages
According to the contract the installer has until the early Feb 2010 to complete the job.
At the pace there going I doubt it. I do see loop-hole in the contract the installer will likely exploit allowng the project to extend beyond the contract period.

>> New radio stuff was added in the tunnels months ago. As of late last week techs were still tweeking the system.. lots of "Tesing , ooon, Tuoo, Feee....."

Would you know how the underground coverage is achieved?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Ok after going through all the underground sections of the LRT, i am guessing that underground coverage at the stations is being achieved by BDA, The reason that i think it is done this way is because, i now have very reliable Mike service in all the underground stations, even at the university station, where i never before had service. i am able to text, make and take calls and be able to Direct Connect at any of the underground stations.

SCPD

QRT
Last time I tried to note a talkgroup on the LRT, i had the motorman (or is this moronman ?) contacting security to have me removed from the train. I was going south bound and didn't get off the train at south campus. Seems that this is illegal and they were issuing tickets for people that don't get off the trains. Hmm .. lets see freeze your *** off at the station or hop the next train that comes by. I am still going to take the next train that comes by no matter what the motorman says.

I think that they would find that I would be in touch with the mayor and my alderman so fast they would see their heads spinning. Last time I checked it was public transit and they cannot remove people from the trains for doing nothing.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
These mortormen sound mega paranoid. They worry about peoplke taking photos of the trains and the ETS guys assigned to monitor them on radar. Kevin he probably thought you were eying up his wallet to buy a new scanner:0 I wish I had heard that incident involving you.

Harry

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Last time I tried to note a talkgroup on the LRT, i had the motorman (or is this moronman ?) contacting security to have me removed from the train. I was going south bound and didn't get off the train at south campus. Seems that this is illegal and they were issuing tickets for people that don't get off the trains. Hmm .. lets see freeze your *** off at the station or hop the next train that comes by. I am still going to take the next train that comes by no matter what the motorman says.

I think that they would find that I would be in touch with the mayor and my alderman so fast they would see their heads spinning. Last time I checked it was public transit and they cannot remove people from the trains for doing nothing.

Ya that would not go over too good with me if some bacon-bits-cant-pass-EPS-entrance-wannabe-cop tried to harass me for looking out the front of the train. It is so easy to get TG id's from those EDACS radios, great displays on them. too bad the speakers say "M/A Com on them instead of HARRIS

These mortormen sound mega paranoid. They worry about peoplke taking photos of the trains and the ETS guys assigned to monitor them on radar. Kevin he probably thought you were eying up his wallet to buy a new scanner:0 I wish I had heard that incident involving you.

Harry

Welcome to the ultra-paranoid post 9/11 world.

Status
Not open for further replies.