Eugene Oregon questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazykop1299

I'm thinking of buying a pro 106 soon, and my questions are-

1-does anyone out there have a breakdown of the alpha-designators for Eugene & Springfield pd's, like 1-adamj-25, and what they mean ?

2-Does anyone have a frequency for the medic unit to hospital frequency "MedCom ?

Many thanks in advance !!
andy

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I know Mary is for motor units (motorcycle). 2-Mary-x units are EPD motors.
Springfield PD may be 300 level, but SPD uses full-time encryption on their talkgroups so they can't be monitored at all.

155.340 is statewide HEAR / MedNet EMS-to-hospital (minus the Portland area 800 MHz systems).

155.340 103.5 PL Sacred Heart Riverbend Hospital
155.340 94.8 PL Sacred Heart University District Hospital
155.340 110.9 PL McKenzie-Willamette Hospital

mikegilbert

MHz so good
From memory:

Adam - Single officer
Baker - Two officers in one car
Charles - campus officer
Mary - Motorcycle Units
Frank - Food patrol
George - special investigation / narc officers
X-ray - Commanders
Zebra - plainclothes officers

I have a copy of the Lane County Scanner guide somewhere, but it's been years since I last looked at it. It had an amazing beat map and a list of all officer designators.

Net-5

David = Donut Patrol... Frank = Food Patrol... I like it! Now if only EPD was hiring these days, dammit!! They've sure got their public safety priorities straight with these specialized units!

Later that dark and stormy night...

[Dispatch] "David 19, silent hold-up alarm at the Dunkin' Donuts... armed suspects last seen running westbound from the location... leaving a trail of half eaten donuts behind them... described to have their faces thickly covered in powdered sugar... ." Frank 11 to cover."

[Officer] "David 19 RESPONDING CODE THREE!!"

[Officer] "Frank 11 WAIT FOR ME!!"

LOL :)

Last edited:

krazykop1299

Duane,

Thanks a lot for the link to your guide. It has a lot of the information I was looking for, plus more. What I was really happy to see, was the frequencies for CMS (Crowd Management Services.) I['m a crew leader for them and wanted to program this in, so my wife can hear all the crap that goes on at a home Duck game when I'm working. I also really like the Eugene pd beat maps.

Thanks again,
andy

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Andy,

You're most welcome. I haven't lived in Eugene since the end of 1999, so I'm not sure if the beat maps are still the same, but I'm guessing they probably are. One thing I had never put in the book was the Eugene PD King units. These are, at least they were, the inter-agency drug unit officers. I'm guessing with their new radios they probably encrypt all their traffic now. Back in the day though, they were fun to listen.

CMS was hard to find as the license was under STARPLEX CORP. Happened to be looking through some open bids for OSU one time and discovered CMS was part of Starplex Corp. The coach's headsets at the Duck games were fun to listen to. They licensed these for the US and not just OR, so I didn't find them initially. Listening to the conversations was very entertaining! I don't think they were aware, or cared, that there wasn't supposed to be foul language on the airwaves. :)

Take care,

Duane
N7DDA

Status
Not open for further replies.