Eureka! I found it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5lqj

Good & Gracious Friday Morning!

Yeah, I woke back up from 11 pm and can't sleep. :( I hope to remedy that soon, :lol:.

Awhile back, Caddo 911 changed frequencies to become one of FEMA's trunked agencies. The just dropped 15 MHz to comply with FEMA's demands rather than purchase those highly expensive Motorola 700 MHz rigs.

For those of you who have a R$ PRO-95 or better, this is no problem. However, if you own a PRO-94, the new frequencies may not work. I happen to run across a sheet of notebook paper on which the old and new frequencies are listed in channel order and not by sequential order.

I'll pass these on for consideration to the Database Manager. :D

The old channels listed numbered 1 thru 25. The NEW channels only number 15. The other old 10 are still active in their loop, LOL!

BTW. send me an e-maul (flame, lol!) with your name, location in Louisiana (parish only) and e-mail address and I'll send you some goodies (no "ads")
that you might enjoy on vhf low-band, vhf hi-band, and uhf lo-band. Not everybody has gone 700 MHZ scrambled eggs, yet, he,he,he,he.

Sunspot cycle's up from time to time, so 30-50 MHz may start to get "hot", soon. There's been some good activity on 10 meters lately. As time progresses, the MUF - maximum usable frequency will be going up and 75 & 40 meters will become quiet. This means openings from 30 MHZ up to 1.2 GHz are possible over very long distances. :eek:

Well, I'm headed back to bed.

GOD BLESS,

Buck/KA5LQJ
10-10 International Nets

ecps92

FEMA ??

Are you talking about 800 Rebanding ? Which was a deal between the FCC and Nextel [now Sprint] which required the 15 Mhz Shift in frequencies.

Good & Gracious Friday Morning!

Yeah, I woke back up from 11 pm and can't sleep. :( I hope to remedy that soon, :lol:.

Awhile back, Caddo 911 changed frequencies to become one of FEMA's trunked agencies. The just dropped 15 MHz to comply with FEMA's demands rather than purchase those highly expensive Motorola 700 MHz rigs.

For those of you who have a R$ PRO-95 or better, this is no problem. However, if you own a PRO-94, the new frequencies may not work. I happen to run across a sheet of notebook paper on which the old and new frequencies are listed in channel order and not by sequential order.

I'll pass these on for consideration to the Database Manager. :D

The old channels listed numbered 1 thru 25. The NEW channels only number 15. The other old 10 are still active in their loop, LOL!

BTW. send me an e-maul (flame, lol!) with your name, location in Louisiana (parish only) and e-mail address and I'll send you some goodies (no "ads")
that you might enjoy on vhf low-band, vhf hi-band, and uhf lo-band. Not everybody has gone 700 MHZ scrambled eggs, yet, he,he,he,he.

Sunspot cycle's up from time to time, so 30-50 MHz may start to get "hot", soon. There's been some good activity on 10 meters lately. As time progresses, the MUF - maximum usable frequency will be going up and 75 & 40 meters will become quiet. This means openings from 30 MHZ up to 1.2 GHz are possible over very long distances. :eek:

Well, I'm headed back to bed.

GOD BLESS,

Buck/KA5LQJ
10-10 International Nets

ka5lqj

800 MHz Re-banding......

Hi Bill; All,

Yep, I guess so, LOL! I didn't know that the FCC was going to allow anyone on 800 MHz, EXCEPT Nextel. :lol: I thought EVERYONE was going to 700. A
lot of the LA. State Police and some parishes have gone to the 700 MHz LAWIN P-25 Project, some in South Louisiana have even scrambled their
dog catchers. :confused::confused: Dogs don't have scanners! :lol:

Anyway, if you take the old Caddo 911 frequencies and move them down
15 MHz, you can hear the SPD, SFD, Caddo Parish SO, Caddo Fire Districts
and other parish and city agencies.

Recently, the De Soto S/O and Mansfield PD have gone 700 MHz. All of the
Northwest State Police are on 700 now and are dispatched out of Alexandria, or at least what I was told by one of their officers. ;) I'm going to start monitoring their old 800 frequencies to see if there MIGHT be
traffic on them and maybe drop 15 MHz to see if they are there as well, :)

I'm starting to put money aside for that Bearcat 996 Digital, just for Skywarn purposes. Because of my medical condition, I'm not driving much,
mostly only to the doctor, so I don't really need to worry about speeding. Insurance I have so I don't worry about being checked. He,he,he,he.

Well, LUNCH is being served in the dining room, so I'd better go before she throws it to the dogs, LOL!

GOD BLESS,

Don/KA5LQJ

Status
Not open for further replies.