Eureka Springs

MightymikeToo

Is anyone able to monitor Eureka Springs police department? I have the shown frequencies plugged in, but have never picked anything up from them ever. I live 20 miles from that town but I receive Carrol County Sheriff just fine.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
You’re monitoring in NXDN mode correct? The db doesn’t indicate it but it’s also possible they’re E.

MightymikeToo

This is what I have set up in the scanner. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 24

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
It looks like with your current programming you're monitoring talkgroup 0. According to the db, you would want to monitor talkgroups 160, 170, 180, and 185 on the 155.1375 frequency. The way it is entered in the db, I don't think it imports the proper talkgroups (but I haven't tried) so you'll have to add them .

@wbloss can you take a glance at that? Arkansas > Carroll Co > Eureka Springs It seems like the way it's entered may not lend itself well for import.

MightymikeToo

I was in Eureka Springs in mid-April, and I monitored ESPD in the clear.
I have tried everything to set up 'Eureka Springs PD' at no avail. I have never received anything on their net. I know they use NXDN and frequency 155.1375 using talkgroups 170, 180 & 185. Is there anyway you can attach a file showing how you did that using Sentinel from the beginning. Maybe using individual screenshots in steps or whatever. I do live about 20 miles away with several mountains in between. Being a small city maybe they are using low power. Any help would be much appreciated.

rdlinn

Premium Subscriber
If you imported from the DB, their range is 2 miles. You can manually edit the range to reach your location in Sentinel.

wbswetnam

Here is how I have Eureka Springs PD programmed with ProScan... it worked for me in April.
I programmed it as a conventional system, not as a trunked system, so it won't care what the talk group is, only the RAN value.
BCD325P2_ESprings.jpg

rdlinn

Premium Subscriber
This is what I have set up in the scanner. Am I missing something?
Looks to be set up correctly, but it depends on the range setting under the location tab. Unless you changed it, their range is 2 miles. You can manually change it and you should be able to rx at 20 miles.