• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Eutelsat wind loading requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamestest

Hello everyone,
I'm a new member, and came upon this forum while doing some research for work. I realize it's probably a stretch, but if anyone here can direct me to a resource on the following issue, I would appreciate it.

My company is developing system, and was met with a rather disturbing requirement for Eutelsat type approval. Until recently, Eutelsat pretty much left the operation wind speed of an antenna up to the specification of the manufacturer, with the caveat that the beam accuracy be held within .4° at whatever wind speed was defined. Eutelsat is changing this specification to a hard value - 45 MPH, no longer leaving it to the manufacturer. Before this, the wind restriction was largely a calculated number. Now, it seems they require a confirmation test.

Eutelsat has directed me to a consultant of their choosing for the type acceptance (aka "a eutelsat authorised witness"). I'd like to have a more non-biased explanation of the how this type of testing is confirmed, so my question to this forum is - can anyone possibly point me to a resource that explains how antenna sidelobe patterns are measured in a far-field range with a quantifiable and controllable wind source? Our RF consultant has drawn a blank on this also.

We are actually getting the static antenna performance tested now - for the purposes of eutalsat and FCC radiation mask overlays. However, the range we are testing at has no knowledge of how to test the windloading requirement. We don't want to go into the eutelsat test completely at their mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.