Evangical and Geisinger Hospitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihregistry

I am looking for assist. for the following Hospitals, Evangelical Hospital in Lewisburg, Pa and Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pa. I am using the database to get freq for my TRX-2. I am also looking at the FCC database to find freq for these 2 hospaitals. I currently Have all the Lifeflight Freq. I am not hearing anything on any of the freq. I am not looking for the housekeeping or maintenance freq. Thanks. I did make a post about emmisions for geisinger and it seems we are still trying to figure out that emission.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I am also looking at the FCC database to find freq for these 2 hospaitals.
Which licenses have you tried? There are quite a few for Evangelical and Geisinger Medical Center (link is sorted by city so you should be able to see Danville's licenses easily)

The LTR system listed for Geisinger here is reported to be deprecated, though the license is still active. Have you confirmed no activity on this system?

Last edited:

ihregistry

To start, Evan call sign WPUL468 (the only active FCC License). The emission designator for these freq is 11K2F3E, 7K60FXE, 7K60FXD. The last 2 are TDMA. I am trying to figure out how to program the TDMA into my TRX-2 to see if the freq is active.

ihregistry

Geisinger Danville the main Hospital. Not the support license call sign active are KNCC234 and WQDB760

ihregistry

These are DMR emissions
I am kinda lost now. In looking at the FCC License database and the emission designators,

7K60FXD2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA data
7K60FXE2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA voice
it stats them as TDMA.
I have tried programming it like this attached picture. I am not getting any hits with it programmed. Need advice.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    210.7 KB · Views: 23

ihregistry

Which licenses have you tried? There are quite a few for Evangelical and Geisinger Medical Center (link is sorted by city so you should be able to see Danville's licenses easily)

The LTR system listed for Geisinger here is reported to be deprecated, though the license is still active. Have you confirmed no activity on this system?
I am looking at FCC Call sign KNCC234. I am looking at the emission on the license and seeing the following,

11K2F2DFrequency modulated (FM) 2.5 kHz deviation
audio frequency shift keying within a 12.5 kHz channelspace
(commonly used for 1.2 kbps packet, FFSK station alerting,
and AFSK outdoor warning siren signaling)
11K2F3EFrequency modulated (FM) 2.5 kHz deviation analog voice,
"narrowband 12.5 kHz" (FMN mode in RadioReference.com Database)
- may also be 11K0 and 11K3 bandwidth

So does the emission 11K2F2D apply to the freq due to the tones to dispatch or send alert to crews? Would i also program these freq as NFN analog?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I am kinda lost now. In looking at the FCC License database and the emission designators,

7K60FXD2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA data
7K60FXE2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA voice
it stats them as TDMA.
I have tried programming it like this attached picture. I am not getting any hits with it programmed. Need advice.
Not sure where you're confused. DMR utilizes two slot TDMA for voice and data. Why not have a read at the DMR wiki here, particularly the last sentence of the 2nd paragraph. If you aren't getting any hits you may not be close enough to the TX site or they may be utilizing a lower power than the 50 watts they're licensed to use. Just a few possibilities

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
All Large Hospital Chain - corporate Health systems have been moving from conventional, or LTR trunking (OLD) to various types and flavors of DMR and DMR Trunking systems.

Penn State Health
Wellspan Health
Pinnacle Health
Geisinger Health
UPMC
Alleghany Health

and several others.

ihregistry

I was told to that Evangelical also is issues it's ambulance service (Evangelical community hospital purchased a lot of the volunteer ambulance services) cell phones to call the ER and communication with Doctors.

cpg178

I put the Avoca life flight dispatch in as Geisinger CMC is half a mile away from me here in Scranton and I can hear them all the time when they land at Danville or take off on their way back here.
453.12500 KNCC234 RM151.4 PLGHS Life Flt 3Dispatch/Operations (3 - Avoca)

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber

The Geisinger LTR system has been offline for over a year now and they are using a 800MHz Mototrbo Capacity Plus system. I know this to be accurate because I mapped the system and submitted it to the database myself.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
I put the Avoca life flight dispatch in as Geisinger CMC is half a mile away from me here in Scranton and I can hear them all the time when they land at Danville or take off on their way back here.
453.12500KNCC234RM151.4 PLGHS Life Flt 3Dispatch/Operations (3 - Avoca)
All the various repeaters on 453.125 use different PLs on the different sites. LF2 141.3, LF3 151.4, LF4 167.9 and LF5 127.3

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Not sure where you're confused. DMR utilizes two slot TDMA for voice and data. Why not have a read at the DMR wiki here, particularly the last sentence of the 2nd paragraph. If you aren't getting any hits you may not be close enough to the TX site or they may be utilizing a lower power than the 50 watts they're licensed to use. Just a few possibilities
I believe they are only running about 25w and EVAN hospital is in a low spot so the hospital repeater doesn't travel very far.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
I was told to that Evangelical also is issues it's ambulance service (Evangelical community hospital purchased a lot of the volunteer ambulance services) cell phones to call the ER and communication with Doctors.
That's because Union county doesn't have any med channels in use even though they have the licenses for them.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
All Large Hospital Chain - corporate Health systems have been moving from conventional, or LTR trunking (OLD) to various types and flavors of DMR and DMR Trunking systems.

Penn State Health
Wellspan Health
Pinnacle Health
Geisinger Health
UPMC
Alleghany Health

and several others.
UPMC Susquehanna and UPMC Divine are still using VHF analog conventional repeaters and I believe UPMC Muncy is on a VHF analog simplex frequency.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Most these types of systems dont need coverage off of hospital property.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Most these types of systems don't need coverage off of hospital property.
True but that also makes it difficult for people that don't live within a mile or two of the hospital to listen if they want to. For example I know that Geisinger's 800MHz Mototrbo system can only be reliably heard about 1.5-2.5 miles from the hospital under normal conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.