Ever hear anything on Marine band?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

I have numerous scanners and have been on both the south and north shore of Long Island. The North Shore spot is on the water and in sight of NY Harbor (East River).
I have NEVER heard anything on the marine bands set to search.
Am I doing something wrong or have the channels moved?
Currently using PSR-800/Pro18 on the north shore, have 996T and Home Patrol set up on the South Shore.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I hear the US Coast Guard and ship radio traffic around The Rockaways and Atlantic Beach on Marine Channels 16 and 22, as well as 09, 13, 17, 81, 82, 83. You also hear them on CG Net channels 111 and 112, both are primarily P25 with NAC 293. On the Northshore you hear 16 and 22 constantly and CG Net Ch 112.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm just north of the Southern State and I hear plenty of Marine and Coast Guard traffic. Try searching just north of the Marine Frequencies, and you may hear some of the charter fishing vessels. Yes, its just outside the band, but that doesn't stop them.

I have to echo what the previous poster said. I hear plenty of LANT, or CG traffic both P25 and Encrypted P25. Sometimes you'll hear a few exercises out of Station Jones Beach.

scosgt

Where are you finding the CG net freqs? They do not come up on the RRDB for the 800 or the Home Patrol.

scosgt

Interesting they do not appear in the database.
Looks like time to do some typing.
I actually work about 100 yards from a CG Station.
Wondered why I never heard anything.
I use the RS 800 MHZ antenna, will that pick up marine/CG or do I need a whip?

Status
Not open for further replies.