Ever hear of the Broadband Butterfly Terminated Dipole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Supposedly very wide band, and if you have a good sized attic like the individual in the video, this might be for you if you're stuck with condo nazis.

Unfortunately BuxComm is gone (I think he closed his doors a year or two ago). Mike

prcguy

These typically use a 600 ohm resistor about half the power rating of the transmitter. The reason is the antenna radiates most of the power and there should not be more than half the power absorbed at a frequency where the mismatch is the worst. I would also use a good common mode choke balun in the feedline.

Supposedly very wide band, and if you have a good sized attic like the individual in the video, this might be for you if you're stuck with condo nazis.

Unfortunately BuxComm is gone (I think he closed his doors a year or two ago). Mike

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
There was some discussion of this antenna on the HFLINK reflector about a year ago. Some folks claimed it was superior to the T3FD (see Bushcomm's page) of similar size. I use a T3FD in the Inverted V configuration and have been thinking about putting a BBTD up to compare, but (1) laziness, (2) a pile of work, (3) a number of home projects that I consider have higher priority.
It5's probably easier to find a place to put a BBTD than a T3FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.