• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Ever hear traffic stops of celebrities or pro athletes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhopping

Around 1230 today I heard a Virginia state trooper dealing with someone named Gilbert Arenas and thought the name sounded familiar. Then the dispatcher came back with registration information for 2006 Lamborghini. Then I knew it had to be someone, I'm not a basketball fan so I had to look him up to see what he does. I don't know whether or not he got a ticket, but I could probably find out in a few days.

Wondering who he is?
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/gilbert_arenas/index.html

car2back

right before the last presidental election, I heard an OKlahoma HP unit stop the lead car in John Kerry's Motorcade on the Turner Turnpike (I44) between Oklahoma City and Tulsa and go back 10-8 (in service) citation issued! :lol: .

red8

About 20 years ago a good friend of mine who was employed as a
Louisiana State Trooper stopped this car on I-12 easr of Walker
for speeding a wreckless operation and possession of cocaine. The vehicle was occupied by the guy that played Virgil Tibbs on the TV
series "In The Heat Of The Night". And the guy was dressed in drag
also. In fact it was on the I-12 between Denham Sprinngs and Oneal
Lane in East Baton Rouge Parish. Never the less they called him Mrs
Tibbs at the Downtown Jail in Baton Rouge. When he was brought
in to the booking desk to be booked

gcgrotz

freqhopping said:
Around 1230 today I heard a Virginia state trooper dealing with someone named Gilbert Arenas and thought the name sounded familiar. Then the dispatcher came back with registration information for 2006 Lamborghini. Then I knew it had to be someone, I'm not a basketball fan so I had to look him up to see what he does. I don't know whether or not he got a ticket, but I could probably find out in a few days.

Wondering who he is?
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/gilbert_arenas/index.html
Big star with the Wizards. Arguably one of their best. Good taste in cars too I see.

mciupa

DB Administrator
Robin Givens ... pulled over by Cal. Hiway Patrol , back in the days she was Mike Tyson's wife.

radio10-8

I heard Andre Agassi get pulled over in San Jose after a tennis tournament. He was driving a Van and ran a red light, Van was registered to a broadcasting company and the dispatcher gave his home address in Las Vegas. The officer cleared it "Citation issued."

jimyleg

I heard the old city inspecter get a DWI ahaha. It was awsome. I bet the cops had somthing against him at one point or another... And that was the pay back i bet. Or he was just another guy who was driving drunk. But man i think it would be cool to be a cop and keep a list of all the "famouse" people. A competition it should be!

kma371

At my old job as a Dispatcher, officers pulled over a car leaving a night club late at night. When they gave me the name to check for warrants, it was Jason Giambi, who was playing for the Oakland A's at the time. He was clear or warrants, but they did FSTs on him.

freqhopping

I just found out that Arenas was cited for reckless 80 in 50mph (misdemeanor criminal charge in VA), aggressive driving and no seat belt.

SLWilson

Heading away !

freqhopping said:
I just found out that Arenas was cited for reckless 80 in 50mph (misdemeanor criminal charge in VA), aggressive driving and no seat belt.
He was probably FLEEING the hurricane headed that way! Didn't want his car to get flooded !!!! HaHaHaHa !!! :D :D :D Steve/Gallia

Status
Not open for further replies.