Evergy 900 MHz rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

If you are no longer able to receive this system in the future...
This is why...
When the FCC irealigned 6 megahertz of 900 MHz spectrum for broadband in May 2020, Evergy's LMR system was a significant user of narrowband channels within that block, thus qualifying as a "complex system" under the new rules. That same month, Evergy agreed to exchange spectrum with Anterix, allowing Evergy to move its LMR system to different 900 MHz frequencies outside the broadband allocation, thus freeing the 6 megahertz of broadband spectrum for a potential future LTE system.

nd5y

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
This week there were applications filed on 49 existing licenses to relocate frequencies out of the 936.5-939.5 MHz area.
People who are interested in this may want to look up FRN 0002340404.

The new system has been added to db.
The system has been in the DB for a few months, but was labeled "Evergy Kansas Central (DMR T3)" when I submitted my updates after my Thanksgiving road trip I requested it be corrected to indicate the entire company and not just one of the three operating divisions (there is applications for all 3, "Kansas Central", "Metro" and "Missouri West").

Please check the Wiki link off the system, I have a lot of information (including a link to a Google Map) on other sites that need verification. I will work through the new license submissions and correlate them into the data I have, to see if there is anything more that can be validated by them, and will add the data to the map as well.

And there is also activity on FRN 0003611720 in that same batch of December applications.

I'll be back in the region in a couple of weeks, and plan on doing some more discovery, but I hope others can jump in as well.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
@mwjones - from my location in Joplin I occasionally get an NX control channel on 153.4475 with the beam pointed north.
On my '536 (no DSD yet) it shows DT3, color code 0, as expected but shows site 2, not 3 as listed. Thoughts?

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
@mwjones - from my location in Joplin I occasionally get an NX control channel on 153.4475 with the beam pointed north.
On my '536 (no DSD yet) it shows DT3, color code 0, as expected but shows site 2, not 3 as listed. Thoughts?
That is a known thing with DSD vs. Uniden. On DMR Tier 3 systems, with the exception of Moto Capacity Max (which Evergy's 900 MHz system is running) the Site ID will be 1 higher on DSD Plus than Uniden.

When I submitted Milo, I was working from DSD Plus, and since I've picked up multiple other sites as reported, knew that the DSD Plus site numbers are the ones previous submitters had already supplied, and thus kept the numbering the same.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
@mwjones I see now the issue from DSD, but I think I need to submit Milo as #2 which it reports in Uniden. From your work should Wyandotte go from 2 to 1?
I submitted Holt 2.4 as I saw it on the '536 so it is correct. What other sites need to be corrected?
thanks
w

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
@mwjones I see now the issue from DSD, but I think I need to submit Milo as #2 which it reports in Uniden. From your work should Wyandotte go from 2 to 1?
I submitted Holt 2.4 as I saw it on the '536 so it is correct. What other sites need to be corrected?
thanks
w
Keep in mind, the site number is not the only discrepancy between Uniden and DSD, the system number usually is offset by one as well. I know I connected to Williamsburg during my November/December trips (which someone else submitted originally, but with DSD I was able to verify), but can't recall if I connected to any of the KC Metro sites (and I don't have the logs anymore to go back and look). What I do know is what I've seen lines up with the DSD scheme.

I'm not familiar with a specific standard when it comes to RRDB submissions, as in my area (Dallas/Fort Worth) I've seen systems using Uniden's scheme, and others that use DSD's scheme. From the looks of things, this system was populated from DSD data, but without re-verifying everything, there's no assurances of that.

Keep in mind, my work in November/December was focused on the 900MHz system, catching Milo on VHF was just a coincidence while working that project, so there wasn't extensive work put into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.