Eversource UHF voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
CL&P built out a 451.xxxx MHz GE Single Channel Autonomous Trunking (SCAT) system many years ago. Since these channels had been locked out earlier on my UHF business band searches, I didn't realize until recently that they were gone. The UHF channels are now being used for analog (so far) voice.
I can hear traffic on 3 of the channels but they have them throughout the old CL&P territory.
451.1000 D315 scratchy but readable
451.2000 D311 strong Bloomfield?
451.2500 D311 very weak
451.3750 D311 scratchy but readable Tolland? shared with DMR
451.6750 D315 scratchy but readable

I also had a report from SE CT for 451.0750 D315

chris

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I heard 451.0750 D315 from my hotel room in New Haven, CT this morning. I am in the area opening a warehouse we are working on.
but it sounded like a AAA service talking about flat tires.

cg

Premium Subscriber
That freq and DPL was monitored in SE CT and confirmed as Eversource line workers with step by step instructions for shutting down circuits for work. Since these are fairly new to analog voice, there could be another licensee who had the same DPL that would not have been an issue before.

chris

N1GTL

Database Admin
I heard 451.0750 D315 from my hotel room in New Haven, CT this morning. I am in the area opening a warehouse we are working on.
but it sounded like a AAA service talking about flat tires.

AAA is on a TRBO IPSC system on VHF in this area.

Kriwoam

Yes we are broadcasting lowband voice over our old 451 EDACS channels. Since the system is not used and channels are hard to come by, they need to stay active until a decision is made what to do with them.
The voice traffic can easily be disabled if a repeater is needed for spot coverage for various types of work.
All of the sites are tied together with voters for statewide coverage as well. Since the equipment was already owned, there was virtually no cost to do this.

keys

eversource

middlotown area appears to also have lo band repeater rebroadcasting 48.16 This may be east Hampton AWC.. Waterbury repeater 47.80 dead now Cheshire 37.76 covers Waterbury 44.34 I belive in Danbury area rebroadcasts on 451.050

Kriwoam

Eversource UHF Voice

The East Hampton lowband system is a 3 repeater multicast system to cover the large area of that district. 48.16 is Middletown area, 48.38 is the Colchester area, and 48.64 is the Willimantic area. All are tied together with voters so that a truck on one repeater is heard on the others.

As for Newtown 44.34, it is rebroadcast on all of our 450 MHz channels, which can be broken down into single repeaters for local coverage as needed.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I have seen in the FCC ULS almost every power transmission station and power company in CT licensed to 37.1000mhz, but have never heard a peep from that channel. Is there a reason for this?

HamRFinCT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm not 100% positive but I think thats the frequency used to communicate with CONVEX.

keys

thats great eversource info

are there any other low band repeaterised systems. I live in Bristol and 37.76 is simplex...Waterbury was seemingly on repeater but now is part of cheshire AWC I think. I enjoy listening to eversource and have them as listen only in my car radio. I am with CT DOT and we use many Kenwood low band units now I would love to see a complete eversource channel list CONVEX tests the jets weekly at hartford generator plant on 33.60 which ties all plants together

Kriwoam

Torrington and Cheshire

Torrington's channel is 48.40 simplex with multiple sites to cover the District.

Waterbury was a low band simulcast system, a one of a kind, that was built in 2010 and decommissioned when Waterbury closed due to funding and time constraints to expand it. This was too bad as it worked well.
Waterbury was absorbed into Cheshire and they are covered by the 37.76 simplex system.

As for New London, they are also a simplex system on 48.52.

Status
Not open for further replies.