eversource

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOTORHEAD27

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that during and after the storm, I didn't anything on the eversource frequencies. Did anyone else noticed that?

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I noticed the same for the U.I. frequencies that I monitored. Only heard a CW repeater ID on 48.46 and the 49 mhz. freq. No voice comms whatsoever. I haven't listened to them in years. Wonder where they moved to, or maybe they just use laptops or cell now?

Last edited:

MOTORHEAD27

Premium Subscriber
I was hearing stuff a month ago, but not lately. I think they have both moved to something else. But what?

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I noticed the same for the U.I. frequencies that I monitored. Only heard a CW repeater ID on 48.46 and the 49 mhz. freq. No voice comms whatsoever. I haven't listened to them in years. Wonder where they moved to, or maybe they just use laptops or cell now?
I should have tried to listen, but forgot to. A few years ago they were active on the various LB freqs in north-central part of the state. SNE lists a 900MHz OpenSky system with sites in CT while RR shows a 900Mhz EDACS system and a 217Mhz MPT-1327 for western MA.

I doubt they rely 100% on cell phones as as we saw in Oct 2011 many cell cites didn't have generator backups and were down for days. I saw plenty in the area, but forgot to look for antennas on the trucks. In the future, they may even move to CLMRN as it has happened in several other states.

keys

I should have tried to listen, but forgot to. A few years ago they were active on the various LB freqs in north-central part of the state. SNE lists a 900MHz OpenSky system with sites in CT while RR shows a 900Mhz EDACS system and a 217Mhz MPT-1327 for western MA.

I doubt they rely 100% on cell phones as as we saw in Oct 2011 many cell cites didn't have generator backups and were down for days. I saw plenty in the area, but forgot to look for antennas on the trucks. In the future, they may even move to CLMRN as it has happened in several other states.
I hear them on low band frequently. Switching orders usually over air. Madison has low band repeater as does east hampton.

Kriwoam

We still use all Low Band voice in CT for now. A trucked system is in the works.

East Hampton is a multi site voted repeater system with 3 different voted repeaters linked together. Works from

Willimantic to Middletown. The guy in the truck changes the channel based on where he is.

Madison and Hartford are Low Band voted repeater systems.

The rest of the state is Low Band simplex.

The old 450 EDACS system was converted to a statewide 20 site voted repeater system. You will hear Newtown Lowband on this system so we can save the channels.

keys

We still use all Low Band voice in CT for now. A trucked system is in the works.

East Hampton is a multi site voted repeater system with 3 different voted repeaters linked together. Works from

Willimantic to Middletown. The guy in the truck changes the channel based on where he is.

Madison and Hartford are Low Band voted repeater systems.

The rest of the state is Low Band simplex.

The old 450 EDACS system was converted to a statewide 20 site voted repeater system. You will hear Newtown Lowband on this system so we can save the channels.
Waterbury repeater seems to have gone away on low band since they went to Cheshire. I seen to get some uhf for Newtown. I have the low band as recive only in my work vehicle

Kriwoam

Yes Waterbury had a 3 site Simulcast Lowband repeater system that worked well. When Waterbury closed, Cheshire took over the area for the most part. 37.76 has been the Cheshire simplex channel for years. When the Waterbury guys started using the Cheshire radio, they thought it was broken, since they couldn’t hear the other trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.