• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

EVX-R70 programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
I bought this Vertex EVX-R70 and had it programmed as a back up for my MSF5000 GMRS repeater from a company that went out of business. It's been sitting for a while and my employer had a fire in the electrical room where their repeater was. It's going to be a while before things get back to normal and I offered this Vertex for use until then. Nice guy right? Well no good deed goes unpunished I can't figure out how to get it programmed right. They use a DMR 2 slot system one slot for operations and the other for maintenance guys. I was given the cable and software when I bought it so I read the repeater, set up a digital channel using their frequencies, deleted my analog stuff, but can only find a place where I can set the color code for the repeater to 4 which is what they use. Our radios do get into the repeater but only on slot one. I am lost and there's not much in the line of Vertex Motorola shops here or any programming videos online.
I've attached a couple of screen shots. Can someone point me in the right direct? The software is CE-EVX-R79 Cloning v4.5 if this helps.

Attachments

• VR1.jpg
    VR1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 60
  • VR2.jpg
    VR2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 58
  • VR3.jpg
    VR3.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 51

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
This repeater must be a one of a kind. No one seems to know anything about it including any Motorola dealers I've called. Of course for 85 dollars an hour they are willing to look at it. Back on the shelf in the garage to collect dust until the MSF5000 dies.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
I installed a few a number of years ago and they worked well in simple conventional systems since in reality they're just Motorola XPR8400s with dumbed down firmware/feature sets. Your screenshots aren't very high resolution but there isn't usually much that needs to be set other than frequency pair, color code, and power level. Time slots aren't defined because the repeater is the timing leader for both automatically.

I see you're running a dynamic mixed mode channel. That shouldn't prevent you from being able to use the second time slot but if you're only running digital, there's no need for DMM. Otherwise, it might need an alignment, which at $85/hr is very reasonable considering the shop I worked for was more $100/hr.

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
I installed a few a number of years ago and they worked well in simple conventional systems since in reality they're just Motorola XPR8400s with dumbed down firmware/feature sets. Your screenshots aren't very high resolution but there isn't usually much that needs to be set other than frequency pair, color code, and power level. Time slots aren't defined because the repeater is the timing leader for both automatically.

I see you're running a dynamic mixed mode channel. That shouldn't prevent you from being able to use the second time slot but if you're only running digital, there's no need for DMM. Otherwise, it might need an alignment, which at $85/hr is very reasonable considering the shop I worked for was more $100/hr.

Thank you KG4INW for your reply. I programmed it for DMM because the print out from the dealer shows the portable being programmed with a analog channel using a DPL and 2 time slot DMR. They are no longer in business and travel time sucks to here sucks. Testing shows there's no analog programmed I learned today. The print out shows time slot 1 CC4 for maintenance and slot 2 CC14 for production. I can't find a way to use two different CC in the programming for this Vertex. Today I found out the print out is wrong and slot 2 CC14 is CC4. I never tried using slot 2 with the repeater programmed as CC4, stupid me I took the word of some production workers that the radios won't work. Up and working now!

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Ok, makes sense if they had been a mix of analog and digital to have DMM. Even if they're not using analog any more it should be fine as is then.

No Vertex or Motorola repeaters are capable of split color codes, that I'm aware of. I'm glad it's working for you now!

Status
Not open for further replies.