Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB4CS

Also keep in mind you have to progress through the levels, you cannot start out as a General without passing the Tech exam, and you cannot start out as an Extra without first passing the Tech and General tests.

As mentioned above, a Tech license will give you some SSB privileges on 10 meters, definitely enough to get started. Going for General and/or Extra will give you the full 10 meter band plus all the other HF bands as well.

Good luck!

SCPD

QRT
Congratulations.
Wonder where I could find a place to take an exam here in Southwest Oklahoma. Been reading the Tech. Book.
Can't seem to find anything publicized in my area. Lots of Ham activity, especially when storm season begins to role around. I think March starts our tornado preparedness month.

QDP2012

Congratulations.
Wonder where I could find a place to take an exam here in Southwest Oklahoma. Been reading the Tech. Book.
Can't seem to find anything publicized in my area. Lots of Ham activity, especially when storm season begins to role around. I think March starts our tornado preparedness month.

In case you haven't found these links on the ARRL website:

Search: Classes

Search: Exam Sessions

Hope this helps,

n5ims

The links above are good for the ARRL examiners but you may find someone closer using the W5YI examiners (both use the same rules and test questions so the choice is more of convenience than which would be best/easiest/etc.).

W5YI-VEC : Amateur Examiners

Status
Not open for further replies.